How much terrain?

Shimian

Hey guys,

I was wondering how you setup your tables. In the manual it is stated that roughly one third of the table should be covered with terrain. Do you use a few larger terrain pieces or do you prefer smaller ones? Could you post some pictures of your tables in order to give me some inspiration on how to setup a table properly? I feel like the one we use favours shooty models a lot mainly because we have a lot of open space so I thought I better ask the community :)

Kind regards from Germany

Sebastian

First, I would consider a third of the table to be be an absolute minimum (and should probably be predominantly large LOS blocking stuff to keep long ranged abilities from running the table). I would recommend closer to 50% board coverage (a mix of all the terrain types) to really keep everything closer to balance.

With that said, I generally use a mix of large pieces and individual elements (generally trees and or scatter terrain pieces mounted on a 40-50 mm base).

Here are a few examples of my tables (with Terraclips):

Typical amount I use:

Terraclipscityfight32_zpsf843e375.jpg

Minimal amount:

Malifaux%20Tiles%20Dressed_zpssscrd5we.j