Rate Masters into tiers

Math Mathonwy

T0 = please cuddle 

T1 = Good in all cases

T2 = good in almost all cases

T3 = Pretty good, but over shadowed by another master in what they do or easily countered

T4 = Needs minor help or requires setup to really do what they want (can probably be fixed with new models or upgrades)

T5 = Needs lots of help / errata

T6 = actively harms their own crew (I don't think any master is this tier now)

in order of factions I play the most

Gremlins

T1: Somer

T2: Zipp, Wong

T3: Ulix, Ophelia

T4: Brewmaster, Zoraida

T5: Mah

Not much has changed in Gremlin land. Somer still dominates being pretty good at any role in any scheme or strategy. Zipp is very strong and a good denial game, but I don't feel he dominates as well as Somer can. The recent errata really hurt Ophelia and I think she might be borderline T4 now. Opehlia can be tankier than Somer, but Somer can easily do nearly as much damage as her, far easier while offering way more support. While Mah isn't as bad as old Lucius, she still eats your hand accomplishing very little.

Guild

T1: McCabe, Nellie

T2: Perdita, Sonnia, Guild McMourning

T3: Hoffman

T4: Lady Justice, Lucius

Nellie is pretty amazing and can join McCabe being a pretty solid pick in any strat / scheme. You can kind of shut her down once you learn her tricks (attack with with models likely to hit with high min damage and attack her after she activated to limit her evidence shinnigans). The errata really helped Lucius and I moved him up from T6 to T4. In Guild I don't think he has the minion support that Neverborn has so feel he is still a bit on the week side, but could be T3. 

Neverborn

T1: Titania, Dreamer

T2: Lilith, Pandora, Collodi

T3: Lucius, Lynch

T4: Zoraida

Titania is pretty amazing. The recent errata has moved Dreamer from T0 to T1 imo (still great summon pool, reasonable easy summons and offers amazing support and play styles). I feel Lucius plays a bit better in NB with illuminated and Rogargu. 

17 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

@wizuriel Have you tried Lucius with his new guild toys like thralls?

I did, but I still feel NB edges out on good minions compared to Guild which makes NB Lucius feel stronger.

on Guild I like: Hunters, Thralls, Death marshals, Guardians, Wardens

NB have: Shaman, Changelings, Rougarou, Siluriod, Illuminated, The Tooth/Claw/Thorn.

Now granted Lucius doesn't need just minions anymore, but I still feel options in NB tend to be stronger than Guild. 

• Like 1

On 19.06.2017 at 1:57 PM, Math Mathonwy said:

Tier 1: Perdita №1
Tier 2: Sonnia
Tier 3:Kaeris

Can you explain this statements? I can't see how in actual gg17 Kaeris can be anywhere near t3 and how Dita can be placed in top of T1 while Sonnia is in T2.

19 minutes ago, FinalForm said:

Can't  get this one too. Can you explain this one.

I tend to rate masters more on how flexible they are in terms of schemes and strats and how easy they are to counter. McCabe I find is very flexible and doesn't really suffer in any schemes or strats. He can react pretty well around most situations

I also thing GG2017 is a good deal about how well you can do Claim Jump, and McCabe has a pretty easy time of it since he can hand out Nimble to a cheap scheme runner who can do it alone. A single Guild Hound, even, provided he can protect Luna.

16 hours ago, FinalForm said:

Can you explain this statements? I can't see how in actual gg17 Kaeris can be anywhere near t3 and how Dita can be placed in top of T1 while Sonnia is in T2.

Note that the position in a given tier list bears absolutely no meaning so Dita isn't at the top of T1. She is versatile, mobile, and deadly, and (this is crucial), very difficult to nullify. I consider her still one of the best Masters in the game.

Sonnia is T0 on the correct board but if she can't make use of her Flame Walls I have never had too much trouble with her (well, more than others at T2 - I have lost to her and I have won against her). She is squishy and can be nullified by tying her into melee. Compared to Wong, for example, the Gremlin version is way, way tougher and can escape combat easily.

Then, Kaeris. I admit that I have minimal experience against her in GG17 - she might very well be T2 material these days.

Finally, note that the tier list reflects my experiences and my strengths and weaknesses to a point. It is, like all of these sorts of lists, subjective and shouldn't be taken as gospel by absolutely anyone. That said, I do welcome discussion about it (which is why I posted it in the first place) and am always interested in others' take on lists like these. :) 

• Like 1