Paper/Card terrain and scale

maddan12

Hi Guys, i'm currently designing a bunch of paper/card terrain to hold my LGS and local gaming group over until i get round to building something better.

My main problem is that i am offshore and don't have an measurements for minatures! if someone could give me a few model heights it would be much appreciated.

I've got some photos of pandora and her starter box, so if anyone has heights for them even better (as then i can make some scale silhouettes to get a really nice idea of how the buildings will look. 

Just heights from base of any models will do (with the model base size too if you please)

Thanking you in advance

I have no clue about scales, but maybe this helps you as well: When you follow the Height rules (HT) as written in the rulebook, it's pretty easy. An average human being has a height of 2". Although the actual miniature might be a bit smaller, 2" is a solid first shot and a good number for all other calculations. I would simply take 1m:1" meaning a door (2m height) would be represented as a 2" door.

Base sizes depend not only on the size of the miniature but also on other aspects. Single human beings normally have a 30mm base. Larger / stronger ones might also come on 40mm or 50mm thou.

Colette is HT2 on 30mm base.

Kang is HT2 on a 40mm base.

I find 3" is a good height for each floor in a building as it gives some space for getting hands in there. I want to say the terraclips buildings designed for Malifaux were 2.5" tall for each floor. Mine are buried right now or I would check. The terraclips feels tight to me, but is workable. Any smaller than that and you may run into trouble when it come to putting a model in or pulling a model out.

They're just going to be paper boxes with nice skins on is all, as i said this is just until i build some proper terrain not made from paper. but thank you for the concern, most of the buildings are going to single story with maybe a few double height barns, but yeah you wont be able to get in them.