Iron Quill - Rebirth

admiralvorkraft

Iron Quill Template:

Introduction

The Iron Quill is a writing contest that takes place every month. It’s an exciting competition and a great place to hone your skills and get some constructive feedback.

The Rules 

 You must post your story in The Writing Room by the submission date with the following posting format: Iron Quill – Name of the round – Name of your story. Nothing else is needed to sign up, but please post in this thread with a link to your story when completed. 

 Your story must be no more than 1,750 words and be a self-contained story set in the world of Malifaux. 

 Any story must include at least two of the Ingredients for the current round. When you use the ingredients, keep in mind they don't need to be literal, please feel free to be creative with them! As the stories are completed, this post will be updated to contain a listing of all the submissions. You are welcome to edit your story up until the submission date.

Winning

The winner will be selected by overall score, as determined by two methods: 

 A public poll will be created where anyone can vote on their favorite story. Each vote will be worth 1 point. Authors of submissions can vote in this way. 

 A private poll of the authors where they pick their favorite story and a runner-up. These votes are weighted; the favorite story gets 3 points, the runner-up gets 2 points. These votes should be submitted to me by forum PM. All votes must be submitted by the voting date or they won’t count for scoring. You cannot vote for your own submission. If you are an author, you must submit votes for the private poll or you will be disqualified. 

Name of the Round: Rebirth

Submission Date: May 13th

Ingredients: 

 Theme:  Rebirth

 Character: Ratty

 Line:  "I didn't mean for that to happen."

 Item:  Loaded dice

 Location: An intersection

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So the deadline for this has been and past with no submissions. That makes two months in a row where I was the only one who wanted to do this.

I'll be posting a poll tomorrow to gauge interest, look into changing the format because I really looked forward to reading people's stories every month and I'd be sad to see the Iron Quill tradition die.

• Like 2

Sorry I procrastinated. Was actually putting the finishing touches on my story. I admit that I have been letting my hobbies fall by the wayside as of late and just thinking, "Oh, I'll do that tomorrow," and then never following through.

I take blame, as self-pitying as that sounds, because I also looked forward to the Quill every month.

My apology comes late but you can believe that I am truly sorry. I will continue to write and try to get this up by tomorrow, if for anything just to finish what I've started.

As Always,
The Grue

I was writing up my first entry for this months iron quill unfortunately May is just so damn stressful for me - too many birthdays and extreme work loads thanks to everyone going on holiday at work. I promise an entry for the following month :) 

• Like 1

One thing we could do, and just to see as this thread has gotten a lot more attention as of late, is perhaps extend the deadline by a week. Have it be that it ends on Friday May 20. Just a thought, I mean we have to find a way to keep this going, I loved writing these and will be saddened if I sat back and watched it disappear.

As Always,
The Grue