Crew Box balanced against Guilty as Charged Box

PanicBunny

Hello, 

me and a friend of mine want to get into malifaux. We already played the starter set at our local tabletop group and are now looking for our own crews. He is very intrested in the guilty as charged box. 

Me on the other hand, I´m not so sure what to play. It should be balanced against his starting crew. 

The crews I´m intrested in would be:

Guild: Sonia, Lucius

Arcanists: Rasputina

Neverborn: Lilith

10T: Misaki, Shenlong

It would be awesome to get your thoughts about these boxes vs Jack Daw and how well they suit a new player

I think that all barring Lucius would work fine against Jack Daw. Lucius is generally considered a bit weaker than others and his box crew is definitely on the weaker side out of the box. All the others should give as good as they get and result in a pretty balanced experience (well, as balanced as you can get with starter box games - the game is truly balanced for 50 Soul Stones sized games).

For choosing the crew, I would advice looking at the rest of the Faction as well since you will likely want to expand down the line and expanding within a Faction opens up more opportunities. So if you, for example, only like Lilith out of the Neverborn but like all 10T somewhat, I would suggest going with Misaki or Shenlong.

Welcome to Malifaux :) 

• Like 1