April 11 - Corrupted Hounds

Lucidicide

19 minutes ago, Cinnamon Bear said:

There can never be enough dogs in Malifaux! But having a bit more variety in dog types would be nice. I suppose its too much to ask for some additional hounds to work with McCabe and Luna (maybe 10T could get some Akitas?)

We need Barghasts! Ghost hounds with the power to kill on sight alone.

12 hours ago, Math Mathonwy said:

They looks weirdly samey. The heads all look extremely alike, the first two look almost like mirrored versions of one another, even the fur patterns are quite alike with minor variations. All having very similar open mouths and teeth looks kinda weird. Not a bad sculpt but I would like more variation for sure.

This. This is exactly what I thought when I saw them.

These are Corrupted hounds. Sure one looks spiky, but mutation should be random. Sporadic even. Maybe give one a single vestigial wing, or an oversized fish's eye, or a barbed tail, or a 5th leg. SOMETHING else to show corruption other than "Spiky bits".

I really hoped Wyrd would have exercised some creative freedom with this one. Especially after the Changelings turned out so disappointingly similar..

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ekt3 said:

This. This is exactly what I thought when I saw them.

These are Corrupted hounds. Sure one looks spiky, but mutation should be random. Sporadic even. Maybe give one a single vestigial wing, or an oversized fish's eye, or a barbed tail, or a 5th leg. SOMETHING else to show corruption other than "Spiky bits".

I really hoped Wyrd would have exercised some creative freedom with this one. Especially after the Changelings turned out so disappointingly similar..

I saw them after reading your post.. They are all same thing not much creativity. Wyrd should take some artistic liberties and go wild on some models. Neverborn and Resurrectionists (non masters) should be the cream of the crop in terms of artistic mayhem. 

• Like 1

Although the sculpts are very nice taken one by one, they are too similar.

This looks a bit "lazy" to me (just copy pasting sculpts in different positions as was done with the changelings).

After all, as some said, corruption is randomn and there are many breeds of dogs so why not go crazy with a corrupted Saint Bernard, Pitbull ... This would have been a lot more interesting I think.

• Like 2

On 4/11/2016 at 10:52 AM, GOTH said:

Thanks!  Can't wait to run these with Zoraida and Collodi... the fact that they are non-peon models has Gaining Grounds 2016 written all over them!  Since they have Black Blood, I might be getting Lelu/Lelitu and a Black Blood Shaman sooner than I'd thought...

I was thinking the same thing about the Black Blood. Blood Wretches are corrupted humans who don't have Black Blood, so it's possible that the hounds might not have it.  If they do, they could be a really effective way of spreading damage around the board. 

On 10/04/2016 at 4:40 PM, LunarSol said:

Very cool.  Now we just need Mechanical Hounds for Arcanists. :)

Mechanical pig and mechanical cats are already a thing I guess!

Don't 10T have a mechanical hound looking thing (I'm not that clued up with 10T models) I want to say something beggining with "K". Little metal dog/lion things with flames inside em?

5 minutes ago, Red Moon Head said:

Mechanical pig and mechanical cats are already a thing I guess!

Don't 10T have a mechanical hound looking thing (I'm not that clued up with 10T models) I want to say something beggining with "K". Little metal dog/lion things with flames inside em?

Yes, the Kom.... LINE!.... Komainu

From a fluff perspective it makes sense that the guild hounds, corrupted hounds and canine remains look like each other. The way I see it the latter two are "decendents" of the guild hounds, which were brought through the breach as guard/attack/hunting dogs. This also explains the breed.

It doesnt, however, explain McMournings chihuauua...

Not very impressed to be honest. Could do with variety in both pose and looks. 

I can't really accept the argument that they should all look like each other. They are corrupted after all. Yes, they may start off from a base similarity or breed but should exhibit some difference when mutated.

As for canine remains they should be different breeds as I am guessing they are the reanimated pets of people who brought them with them through the breach.

• Like 1

On 17/04/2016 at 11:06 AM, Absolution Black said:

I can't really accept the argument that they should all look like each other. They are corrupted after all. Yes, they may start off from a base similarity or breed but should exhibit some difference when mutated.

As for canine remains they should be different breeds as I am guessing they are the reanimated pets of people who brought them with them through the breach.

I agree on the canine remains, they should be a range of breeds, but I do disagree on the corrupted hounds. 

We aren't looking at random mutations, that doesn't fit how the black blood works, its not causing random mutations, its turning the subject into a nephlim. 

• Like 1