April 11 - Corrupted Hounds

Lucidicide

Thanks!  Can't wait to run these with Zoraida and Collodi... the fact that they are non-peon models has Gaining Grounds 2016 written all over them!  Since they have Black Blood, I might be getting Lelu/Lelitu and a Black Blood Shaman sooner than I'd thought...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Ice_cat said:

Like them a lot! Will probably play them with Marcus BUT, why so many dogs in Malifaux? Why not a couple of more cats, or some awesome wild animals other than the quite feral pigs, gators and roosters? 

There are the Sabertooth Cerberus and Hoarcats

5 minutes ago, Ice_cat said:

Like them a lot! Will probably play them with Marcus BUT, why so many dogs in Malifaux? Why not a couple of more cats, or some awesome wild animals other than the quite feral pigs, gators and roosters? 

Pffft. As if the common housecat would ever deign to cooperate with a crew.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Guslado said:

There are the Sabertooth Cerberus and Hoarcats

Yeah, but that's not a lot... Comparing to guild hounds, canine remains and the rest...

4 minutes ago, Pyrflamme said:

Pffft. As if the common housecat would ever deign to cooperate with a crew.

Haha yeah, that's true... but something more that's feline would not be too bad ^^

Hmm guess these ones might make for awesome wolves with some paint and a little bit of green stuff in the right places

Dogs are much easier to train and get to do what you want than cats. And dogs are much more a pack animal than cats, so you expect to see them together. 

(I makes it 4 generic dogs, and 2 named dogs. If you include the rogue necromancy, you get 3 generic cats. )

And 2 of the dogs are trained by the guild as police dogs (although the corrupted hounds got a little out of control), we don't really have a police cat department yet....

Looking alright as a sculpt. Generic wolf (if you paint the back spines as fur related) or chaos hounds springs to mind. At least they should attach to the base well. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Adran said:

And 2 of the dogs are trained by the guild as police dogs (although the corrupted hounds got a little out of control), we don't really have a police cat department yet....

Now I really want to see a police cat department...

• Like 2

BUT, why so many dogs in Malifaux?

I think the goal is to give hounds to each faction.  They all work similarly, but have their faction-specific quirks.  When every faction has hounds, the question will be "What do [X faction]'s hounds do, again?"

With Nix, Penelope, Luna... it's a thing.  Embrace it.

Ask not who let the dogs out

• Like 1

I could see Mechanical Hounds, Living, Construct, Hound, Beast 3 ss, same base stats and abilities that the Guild and Corrupted share, Armor +1, a (0) or (2) action similar to the Canine Remains' Corpse Marker generation that pulls up Scrap, instead. Or, just make them mirrors of Canine Remains, instead, Salvaged Hounds, similar stats as CR, but with Armor instead of HtW, maybe with Grind to a Halt, too, 4 ss, no Pack Mentality, and the Scrap generation ability. Some other ability to replace the -1 Df aura, maybe Bioelectric Feedback: Models with damage this model with a (Claws) attack action suffer 1 damage after resolving the current action.

They looks weirdly samey. The heads all look extremely alike, the first two look almost like mirrored versions of one another, even the fur patterns are quite alike with minor variations. All having very similar open mouths and teeth looks kinda weird. Not a bad sculpt but I would like more variation for sure.

• Like 1