LunarSol

LunarSol finally gets things painted

So, funny story.  I got into the game around mid-Wave 2 beta and was super excited to play some Guild.  Went through the Wave 1 deck and started playing with proxy Austringers and Peacekeepers, just waiting for the day the plastics would be out to start painting up, well... everything.  Two years later, a lot has changed, but I finally have all the models I was plotting and the motivation to actually paint some crews.

Can't make it that simple though.  Wanted to get the starter painted and in doing that, thought it might be nice to paint a full McMourning crew while I was doing all the white.  Then, somewhere, I liked the idea of the starter box grow up plan, and while I couldn't run Angel Eyes and co well in Guild, turns out I had a master who would work for them.

IMG_5522_zpsw0j6wmkn.jpg

IMG_5512_zpsghagp4mx.jpg

I've got individual shots of them if anyone would like to see them up close.  Quite fond of how this guy turned out though, which is fitting.  He's one of the first models that completely sold me on the game:

IMG_5521_zpsibmfxau9.jpg

• Like 8

Thanks!  I was actually kind of at a loss on the bases.  I probably wouldn't have thought of it had I not had the Neverborn need for Lucius.  Hopefully it will work out in the long run.  Mostly concerned with Arcanist models with Hoffman and Mercenaries in general, since they won't have a leader with a color to tie them together.

Got some close up shots of various things, starting with the original trio:

IMG_5533_zpsqopcihn8.jpg

Not completely happy with Sonnia's flame wall.  It's a little flatter in practice than it looked in metal and my blending with those colors isn't quite up to snuff.  Also had the worst time picking a color for her hair.  I think she's gone through 7 different dye jobs before settling on the default.  The mask took more color away from the model than I was expecting.  Anyway, personal gripes aside, I'm looking forward to using some extra Stalkers to practice some OSL and come back to some of these later.

Here's some shots of the rest:

Constructs!

IMG_5532_zpsagz9erzw.jpg

Austringers

IMG_5542_zps6alnsgza.jpg

Family

IMG_5537_zpsd2ztgidi.jpg

A Future Witchling?

IMG_5539_zpsn1f8dwvz.jpg

Death Marshals

IMG_5540_zpsrerbvxug.jpg

• Like 7

"Finished" up the Guild recently.  I'm sure I'll expand on them shortly, but I at least feel I can run all the masters now. :)

Lucas McCabe

IMG_5548_zps36panmn2.jpg

Guild Hounds

IMG_5553_zpsxno8ndxs.jpg

Had some gap issues with the dogs I'm not thrilled with, but they're so frail and tiny I'm terrified to do anything more with them.  Done is done I suppose.  Similarly, no idea how to keep dismounted McCabe's whip safe.

Hoffman

IMG_5551_zpsxg3wwve4.jpg

Arcanist Assets

IMG_5552_zpsqayw3pbe.jpg

Wardens

IMG_5554_zps1lxpcxlh.jpg

Guild Masters

IMG_5557_zpsucxdrt0n.jpg

Not sure if there are any other "must haves" for Guild at the moment, so I'll probably get some core crews painted up elsewhere now.  I'll probably do the Ramos crew I got for Howard next.  Also a few Outcasts when I get time.  

• Like 7

I've got into a bad habit of getting a bunch of stuff 90% done and moving on to other things.  Trying to break that up.  First off, getting some more Guild done, including the new stuff:

Abuela and Master Queeg

IMG_5634_zpsqvsksm2x.jpg

Nellie's Staff

IMG_5631_zpsc21mbsh8.jpg

Brutal Emissary

IMG_5645_zpsnxocayb9.jpg

IMG_5642_zpsnssnotdw.jpg

and, here's some fire stuff from masters I started painted but hadn't finished:

IMG_5625_zpsaa4wcrsc.jpg

• Like 5

Hopping into the M&SU!

Ok... this one is ex-M&SU...

Phiona Gage

IMG_5680_zpsczt98k1d.jpg

but these guys are the real deal

M&SU Masters

IMG_5684_zpsvrzpzdoo.jpg

Arcane Emissary

IMG_5692_zpsmw1wpeny.jpg

Ramos Crew

IMG_5694_zpsqodhsxgg.jpg

and.... SPIDERS!!!!

IMG_5698_zpsnl6ounga.jpg

Kaeris and Mech Rider

IMG_5688_zpsvhrnz6nj.jpg

Ironsides and Effigy

IMG_5695_zpsxiv1zziq.jpg

Mei Feng and Foundry

IMG_5686_zps79a2qosr.jpg

• Like 3

Chugging along on the backlog, I painted up my Outcasts.  Picked them up in Wave 1 when they were mostly mercs and outlaw style, so I'm planning to stick to that half of things... for now...

Outcast Masters: Misaki, Parker, Viktorias, Von Schill

IMG_5738_zpsdg1otma6.jpg

Sisters

IMG_5715_zpsbz5bimkf.jpg

Mercenaries

IMG_5718_zps0fzazkn0.jpg

Freikorps

IMG_5708_zpsqoyygsd9.jpg

Bandits

IMG_5731_zpsmxdjqszr.jpg

Last Blossom

IMG_5705_zpsxjwargjk.jpg

Finally, the avatar of the faction, the... different....

Hodgepodge Emissary

IMG_5726_zpsywmbelnz.jpg

IMG_5728_zpse5ey12z3.jpg

IMG_5727_zps2tn6ptr9.jpg

• Like 4

Looking great!!  How did you do the slight rust effect on Laarus?  And what's the blue you're using there?

Something about the Mercenaries really popped too, just a great scheme

5 hours ago, CapnBloodbeard said:

Looking great!!  How did you do the slight rust effect on Laarus?  And what's the blue you're using there?

Something about the Mercenaries really popped too, just a great scheme

Thanks!  Almost all the paints are P3, but the rust effect is just caused by washing the thing with  Agrax Earthtone over the metallic.  The piping is just P3's Coal Black (which is a very dark blue/green in my experience).  The bulk of the Mercenary models are the overalls using P3 Thornwood Green (which is brown) with the leather being done in P3 Bloodtracker Brown (which is actually brown!).  The shirts are mostly Menoth White Base.  Hope that helps!

5 hours ago, Nikodemus said:

That Shang looks amazing :D Almost makes me ashamed of mine.

He's definitely a good model to practice fire on.  Really quick paint up really.  P3 Heartfire followed by a heavy drybrush of P3 Ember Orange and a light drybrush of Khador Red Base.  I was happy with how he turned out, but no small part of that is just because the model itself has a good amount of flicker on its flames. :)

• Like 1

Thanks!

The terracotta was really simple; something ridiculous like 15-20 minutes of work total.  The entire thing is just a single basecoat of PP's Hammerfall Khaki.  I then put some blotchy washes of Citadel's Reikland Fleshshade on parts to make it a little red and Agrax Earthtone'd everything else.  I did a tiny bit of dry brushing around the face to see if it would stand out more, but overall I decided it looked best to just leave it alone.

• Like 2

Running an Enforcer Brawl this weekend for a Halloween Minis Day.  Painted up a few things for the occasion:

Ice Golem and Gamin

qtjHsie.jpg

Izamu and Teddy

KtktMNY.jpg

Killjoy (The Carver) and Executioner

qAvBQP0.jpg

• Like 2

This doesn't exactly count as painting, but I really liked the idea of the void monsters not really being there.  I might do some dry brushing to turn some of the reflective nature of the material into something a little more dull, but....

v4jA0H9.jpg

and some Outcast stuff to go along with it:

o4guX6g.jpg

• Like 2