Help finding the vmod file

Brass Monkey

Hello folks.

Hope you can help.

I've installed latest Vassal (3.2.16). When I hover over the link for the Malifaux module it says the link will take me to http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/RodentFiles/M2e-v1_7.vmod but when I click the link I download a zip file made up mostly of .vsav "saved game" files and a folder of images.

Should there be a vmod file somewhere? How do I get that?

The Puppet Wars module seems to work OK.

Thank you.

Brass Monkey

5 hours ago, Brass Monkey said:

Hello folks.

Hope you can help.

I've installed latest Vassal (3.2.16). When I hover over the link for the Malifaux module it says the link will take me to http://themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/RodentFiles/M2e-v1_7.vmod but when I click the link I download a zip file made up mostly of .vsav "saved game" files and a folder of images.

Should there be a vmod file somewhere? How do I get that?

The Puppet Wars module seems to work OK.

Thank you.

Brass Monkey

What browser are you using?

In Firefox, I click on that link and I get prompted what I want to do with the vmod file.  And Safari starts downloading the vmod file when I click on the link.

A vmod file is essentially just a renamed zip file, if you've done any work with Vassal modules you might have set something up so that those get opened with your ZIP utility of choice. 

• Like 1