Malifaux Sewers / McMournings Lab

Stewbert

Starting a WIP log for my sewer / McMourning lab themed 3x3 table.

I decided to use 50mm thick blue foam mounted on 3mm MDF for added stability. I decided to make a multi-layered board  with recessed areas where the sewer channels would be. I havent decided yet if I'm going to make these nearly full and hazardous or leave them nearly empty and they can provide H2 areas all over the board.

12443727_1118173681555625_825138176_o.jpg

• Like 5

Very nice!!

are you smashing the flagstones with a rock to get rocky texture? (really works, just in case it's not obvious, plus it is a lot of fun :P)

Imo - I'd have some of the channels full, some not? but I dunno, I just think it might be more interesting.

Going to be a lovely board!

1 minute ago, Guildenstern said:

Very nice!!

are you smashing the flagstones with a rock to get rocky texture? (really works, just in case it's not obvious, plus it is a lot of fun :P)

Imo - I'd have some of the channels full, some not? but I dunno, I just think it might be more interesting.

Going to be a lovely board!

Thats a pretty good idea actually. I still have the shapes cut out from the foam I could paint them up to look like sewage etc so I would have modular hazardous terrain. I haven't gone over the flagstones with anything as the plaster skim I gave them was fairly rough once it dried. Iv thought about using rolled up tinfoil to put impressions in the foam aswell.

• Like 1

Looking forward to see this completed. Reminds me of the one I built a few years ago. Definitely agree that flag stones are the most frustratingly tedious part of the process. Have you tried using slightly flattened brass rods of different dimensions bundled together? That reduced the workload quite a bit when I did it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...