April 5 - Upcoming Guild

Lucidicide

3 hours ago, Kobayashi said:

last article that proved that those who had been dabbing in reanimating the dead had been dealt with and the rebellion within the M&SU was immedeately squashed with extreme prejudice for the safety of all people. I'm happy that the guild is on top of things!

What are you talking about?  The Guild has done nothing but protect the citizens of Malifaux and been instrumental while allowing everyone a chance to prosper under its benevolent guidance.

Sincerely,

Average Citizen

Edit: post edited by Justin to make it seem more suspicious. 

• Like 3

Well we can guess why the Guild hires them in threes... I mean they don't have a single pistol or sword between them.  I know they try to say the Pen is mighter than the sword but a lot of the things in Malifaux kill with teeth and claws.  Or Bullets.... Lots and Lots of Bullets.

Still I really do like them.  I will be curious to see what the renderings are like and how many pieces the third one ends up being.

26 minutes ago, Bengt said:

It would make quite a lot of sense for reporters to use the Mercenary mechanics even if they are not technically hiring out their services...

Huh?  Like, make them Mercs so anyone can Hire them?

What's the point in that, no one else wants Guild propaganda thrown in their face.

1 minute ago, Tawg said:

Huh?  Like, make them Mercs so anyone can Hire them?

What's the point in that, no one else wants Guild propaganda thrown in their face.

What I mean is that reporters are wont to poke their noses everywhere, going around investigating stuff. Embedding themselves if you will, perhaps getting a bit too involved in the action. :P 

An excellent excuse to sell some cool minis to non-guild players.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bengt said:

What I mean is that reporters are wont to poke their noses everywhere, going around investigating stuff. Embedding themselves if you will, perhaps getting a bit too involved in the action. :P 

An excellent excuse to sell some cool minis to non-guild players.

They could just make a... super Levi.. who makes all models into Mercs lol.

THE MADNESS!!

I like them. Sure, they are just reporters but they are Minions so I wouldn't expect them to be individual characters.

So, out of curiosity - if they are part of a thematic crew, are all reporters in Malifaux always girls? Because I would love JJ Jameson as a Master.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

You know what would be cool, if there was a nightmare version of these, possibly all undead to Join Molly (as belles). Or as a mix (an undead belle, a part neverborn beckoner, and a Ten thunder oiran pehaps). 

I liked the dead justice box. 

15 hours ago, Solicitor 6 said:

What are you talking about? 

The Guild didn't run a big article in the newspaper. It might have slipped you. Don't worry though, it was not a big thing and we ended it mostly peacefully. The Guild prevailed through sheer show of force. Not a single citizen has been harmed!

15 hours ago, Solicitor 6 said:

The Guild has done nothing but protect the citizens of Malifaux and been instrumental while allowing everyone a chance to prosper under its benevolent guidance.

Sincerely,

Average Citizen

Edit: post edited by Justin to make it seem more suspicious. 

Thank you for your praise! If you want to do your part, we always urge you to enlist as Guardsman! Now you are wondering, why we are searching for Guardsman, when we are on top of things? Well we just want to give back to the citizens, though while you might have to patrol and show the presence of the Guild, it's pretty easy to earn your scrip. Our way of thanking for the unshaken trust of our hard working citizen.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dirial said:

I like them. Sure, they are just reporters but they are Minions so I wouldn't expect them to be individual characters.

So, out of curiosity - if they are part of a thematic crew, are all reporters in Malifaux always girls? Because I would love JJ Jameson as a Master.

Seconded! We should have a reporter keeling over backwards laughing! 40mm base cause of the steampunk chair!

12 minutes ago, trikk said:

I actually love the fact we get an all-female set. There`s not much of those. (Oiran, Performers, Silent Ones?)

It just makes being a reported weirdly gendered since Molly is also a reporter. I mean, the rest of the all-women boxes have being a female as a sort of defining trait for them. And since being a reporter is kinda non-violent so it plays into the stereotype a wee bit. Having a single bloke in the set would've been nice but this isn't a real complaint as such. I do prefer getting an all-women box as as a break from the usual two men and one woman approach.

I dislike the concept of reporters taking part in Malifaux battles but if that concept is going to be on the table, I must say that I do like the art for them. I like that all three are different and I like all of them.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

I dislike the concept of reporters taking part in Malifaux battles but if that concept is going to be on the table, I must say that I do like the art for them. I like that all three are different and I like all of them.

Maybe they are more about finding / creating scheme markers and or buffing / debuffing and thus have no actual combat Actions. And being part in Encounters, well we have war reporters in the realworld and somebody needs to cover the heroic deeds of the guild over at the breach.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Littlewicked said:

Everyone saying Molly for these models what about Lucius.  They are minions and I could see him using them to muck about the board.  I can see them having the chatty ability which makes sense on a reporter model

A minion with chatty? Hmmm... Seems powerful.