March 7 - Event Kit

Lucidicide

Awesome. I have an 8-player, 16-player, and 32-player kit on the way for upcoming events! This is so cool. Really excited to share this with the local players who've been chomping at the bit for stuff like this. 

What can attendees/players/placers use the Scrip for, are they something they can trade in at cons or something? I mean they're cool in their own right but I'm sure people will want to know if they have any other special value :)

• Like 1

Yeah, I love these kits and look forward to getting a few for events. The only downside is that with those printed high values, customs are going to be a nightmare outside of the US. In Sweden, our rules says customs free if the value including shipping is under 140$, but that still means paying VAT. VAT is 25% - yes, shipping included.

So for the 16player kit that would mean first paying a shipping of at least 24,50$ - which is totally fine! - and then another 45 something dollars in VAT + the posts fee for handling international packages... And I guess that the 16player kit will require higher shipping costs. And that is not included the customs fees... only shipping and VAT.

To get it cheaper, the value has to be somewhere beneath 50 dollars...

So it's a dilemma... On one hand I absolutely adore these kits! They are a wonderful way of attracting players and promote Wyrd. I would love to use them one every happening with Malifaux over here! But on the other hand, it gets way to expensive. People aren't prepared to pay big amounts to participate in tournaments or leagues, and with my ridiculously low income (I earn somewhere around 250 dollars every month) I can't afford to support my community by getting these kits... Will probably have to settle for the small one every time..

Anyways, wonderful job with these kits! I'm sure you'll get to send out many in the next couple of weeks!

• Like 2

Go and read the henchmen forum where that has been addressed, might allay some of your concerns, at least where the pricing comes from on our end. IF I'm reading your post right though, sounds like they may be gouging over the cost of the item itself? If that's the case, then .. yeah, not much we can do about that. 

2 hours ago, Nathan Caroland said:

Go and read the henchmen forum where that has been addressed, might allay some of your concerns, at least where the pricing comes from on our end. IF I'm reading your post right though, sounds like they may be gouging over the cost of the item itself? If that's the case, then .. yeah, not much we can do about that. 

Anything from a country outside the EU Internal Market gets 25% added to the declared value (and a flat fee of about $10) if customs pick out your package for inspection. So it's an expensive lottery to order such stuff when you live in Sweden. :(

• Like 2

4 hours ago, koronuslight said:

Also, forgive my ignorance, but what is to stop someone from ordering the kit and then not using everything for an event? Mystery boxes and limited edition items fetch a good price on eBay. 

A few things.

1. Hopefully integrity. I want that to be the #1 line of defense.
  2. If we find out you're doing it, we'll kick you out of the program as Event Kits are specifically for Events.
  3. Players know what is in these kits, and will expect them at events. If you are running events but not providing the goods in kits, players can (and should) inform Wyrd so we can look into it. But, more importantly, they'll stop coming to your events, which means your Soulstone totals won't go up to afford them... and the direct dollar translation should make it so it isn't particularly profitable.

Those are the key facets. Largely, we trust our Henchmen and want to do what we can to help them.

If you are a player and in the next couple of months your Henchman does not begin using Event Kits for your Events, please reach out to us via the Contact section of our website. General feedback is fine.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Aaron said:

A few things.

2. If we find out you're doing it, we'll kick you out of the program as Event Kits are specifically for Events.
  3. Players know what is in these kits, and will expect them at events. If you are running events but not providing the goods in kits, players can (and should) inform Wyrd so we can look into it. But, more importantly, they'll stop coming to your events, which means your Soulstone totals won't go up to afford them... and the direct dollar translation should make it so it isn't particularly profitable.

Those are the key facets. Largely, we trust our Henchmen and want to do what we can to help them.

Consider my concerns addressed. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Aaron said:

AA few things.

If you are a player and in the next couple of months your Henchman does not begin using Event Kits for your Events, please reach out to us via the Contact section of our website. General feedback is fine.

I didn't know about these but then I don't go to tournaments*. My local scene is casual so we've gotten individual variant models in bags for prizes at our less-than-32-player casual contests**. In clear plastic bags may I add, so there was no mystery. :lol:

At least the players who log on here this week now know. The link has not gotten over to Facebook yet and I am not on Twitter at all.

Now, is there a path where a store itself orders these kits as it is for some other games, or is this channel of distribution strictly Wyrd -> henchman -> community? We players need to know who to annoy and we who used to be FLGS employees also don't mind knowing the chain of annoyance command.

*There's one coming up from my henchguy (the prize is a box, heck if I can remember what box it is, but it was shown around the group to whet appetites for the tournament so a mystery box it was not) (found it, it's Dark Carnival :huh:wow. that is...just...), and one just behind us from the other local henchguy (no idea about the prize structure, at this point I was so annoyed to have another one scheduled on a day I absolutely cannot attend without risk of long term couch exile that I didn't even inquire). I'll make it someday. Please don't ready the relic hammers.

**And mercenaries, no less, so anyone could use them. And they're going to better painters than I, which is absolutely for the best***. :P

***Any way of sticking an itsy bitsy teeny weeny wooden spoon on a 40mm base already littered with random junk? :P

Edited by Gnomezilla
looked the box up, wrote it down, mucked around after caffeine poisoning, how long is this field anyway