Jump to content
Aaron

March 7 - Event Kit

Recommended Posts

I admire your way of supporting events! It would be great to have some really simple bonus stuff for demo-games for newcomers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome. I have an 8-player, 16-player, and 32-player kit on the way for upcoming events! This is so cool. Really excited to share this with the local players who've been chomping at the bit for stuff like this. 

What can attendees/players/placers use the Scrip for, are they something they can trade in at cons or something? I mean they're cool in their own right but I'm sure people will want to know if they have any other special value :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Aaron, I'm really digging the new stat card format. Is that something y'all are looking at for future stat cards or is it just for limited edition?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Kolath said:

@Aaron, I'm really digging the new stat card format. Is that something y'all are looking at for future stat cards or is it just for limited edition?

The only plan is limited edition cards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I love these kits and look forward to getting a few for events. The only downside is that with those printed high values, customs are going to be a nightmare outside of the US. In Sweden, our rules says customs free if the value including shipping is under 140$, but that still means paying VAT. VAT is 25% - yes, shipping included.

So for the 16player kit that would mean first paying a shipping of at least 24,50$ - which is totally fine! - and then another 45 something dollars in VAT + the posts fee for handling international packages... And I guess that the 16player kit will require higher shipping costs. And that is not included the customs fees... only shipping and VAT.

To get it cheaper, the value has to be somewhere beneath 50 dollars...

So it's a dilemma... On one hand I absolutely adore these kits! They are a wonderful way of attracting players and promote Wyrd. I would love to use them one every happening with Malifaux over here! But on the other hand, it gets way to expensive. People aren't prepared to pay big amounts to participate in tournaments or leagues, and with my ridiculously low income (I earn somewhere around 250 dollars every month) I can't afford to support my community by getting these kits... Will probably have to settle for the small one every time..

Anyways, wonderful job with these kits! I'm sure you'll get to send out many in the next couple of weeks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Go and read the henchmen forum where that has been addressed, might allay some of your concerns, at least where the pricing comes from on our end. IF I'm reading your post right though, sounds like they may be gouging over the cost of the item itself? If that's the case, then .. yeah, not much we can do about that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Nathan Caroland said:

Eventually they'll be able to turn them in for goodies from Wyrd - TBA. 

 

When thinking about this, please consider that some of us are outside of the US, for what sending costs are. I believe that if we send you a report, or any other sort of official way, where we can notify who participated and in which event so they can make their exchanges.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nathan Caroland said:

Go and read the henchmen forum where that has been addressed, might allay some of your concerns, at least where the pricing comes from on our end. IF I'm reading your post right though, sounds like they may be gouging over the cost of the item itself? If that's the case, then .. yeah, not much we can do about that. 

Anything from a country outside the EU Internal Market gets 25% added to the declared value (and a flat fee of about $10) if customs pick out your package for inspection. So it's an expensive lottery to order such stuff when you live in Sweden. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just ordered a 16 player kit. Now I gotta put the event together to give out the swag.

 

Thanks a lot to all of the folk at Wyrd that made this happen, I couldn't be happier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wat8.jpg?1315930535

Also, forgive my ignorance, but what is to stop someone from ordering the kit and then not using everything for an event? Mystery boxes and limited edition items fetch a good price on eBay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, koronuslight said:

Also, forgive my ignorance, but what is to stop someone from ordering the kit and then not using everything for an event? Mystery boxes and limited edition items fetch a good price on eBay. 

A few things.

  1. Hopefully integrity. I want that to be the #1 line of defense.
  2. If we find out you're doing it, we'll kick you out of the program as Event Kits are specifically for Events.
  3. Players know what is in these kits, and will expect them at events. If you are running events but not providing the goods in kits, players can (and should) inform Wyrd so we can look into it. But, more importantly, they'll stop coming to your events, which means your Soulstone totals won't go up to afford them... and the direct dollar translation should make it so it isn't particularly profitable.

 

Those are the key facets. Largely, we trust our Henchmen and want to do what we can to help them.

If you are a player and in the next couple of months your Henchman does not begin using Event Kits for your Events, please reach out to us via the Contact section of our website. General feedback is fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Aaron said:

A few things.

  1. Hopefully integrity. I want that to be the #1 line of defense.
  2. If we find out you're doing it, we'll kick you out of the program as Event Kits are specifically for Events.
  3. Players know what is in these kits, and will expect them at events. If you are running events but not providing the goods in kits, players can (and should) inform Wyrd so we can look into it. But, more importantly, they'll stop coming to your events, which means your Soulstone totals won't go up to afford them... and the direct dollar translation should make it so it isn't particularly profitable.

 

Those are the key facets. Largely, we trust our Henchmen and want to do what we can to help them.

Consider my concerns addressed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure why it was a concerned.  If your concerned that your local henchman is going to do this, I wouldn't be playing with that henchman or his store.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ha, this preview works for me- Instead of going "Oooooooh I'm gonna get that once it's out" I'm dying to know what's inside those boxes. Really hope my local Henchman can get one for an event :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×