Low River Style- Stone on the river

mountainnomad

I was recently using Sensei Yu for the first time. I noticed that the Stones on the River action on the Low River Style upgrade is described as an Ml action with a 6 inch range. Surely this is supposed to be a casting action. I've searched and can't find any other mention of it. Do I have an old version of the card?

There is nothing to stop tactical actions from using the Ml stat. Fuhatsu uses Ml for his madman with a gun action.

Making it a Ml action rather than a Ca action means that Malifaux child can't copy it, and things like disrupt magic don't make it harder to do. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mountainnomad said:

It also means that most models won't be able to interact within 6 inches. Sensei Yu could still interact at the cost of a focus though so I wouldn't be objecting if this is a melee action. 

Nope, that would be :melee actions that prevent that, not MI actions

*edit for clarity - although it's an MI attack, because it doesn't have :melee, it doesn't have an engagement range, and thus doesn't prevent anyone interacting, or moving away from Shen or Yu*

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...