Painters Challenge 2016 - MARCH

Vaiuri

And we're off!

This is the thread for MARCH.

Feel free to use this thread to post WIP pohots (if you so desire), get feedback, trade ideas and hobby tips as we forge a path through March.

When you have completed your pledge, feel free to post it, but I'd like everyone to post at the start of APRIL with their completed pledge photo and stone value for MARCH - this will make it a lot easier for me to keep track of where everyone is up to.  Plus, we get to start off subsequent months with some inspirational posts of what people have gotten up to the month before :D  You can also PM me with your completed pledge if you like, and I'll add it to our tracker (attached).

If you see any errors in the tracker please let me know (again, PM is more likely to be spotted).

Really looking forward to seeing all your work!

Malifaux_Painting_2016.xlsx

• Like 2

Ok....

I'm going to be doing something slightly different (because I'm me :P ) in that whilst I've pledged at the Enforcer level (so 5-10 stones) I also have a whole lot of half-finished stuff that I got bored of halfway through.

So, with that in mind, I'm going to put a pledge up each month, paint said pledge, then try and do a couple half-finished models as well, and post them all up at  the end :)

large.IMAG0311.jpg.930fa11f40ee1f27b7211

Hmmm... note to self - resize the images from now on!

• Like 1

How about timing! These guys just arrived after coming home from work. The rest of the Ulix crew should be for next month. Gracie (9), hog whisperer (5), piglet (4) and Ulix (15), these guys will get me the 30 master pts for march. Can´t wait to start on these miniatures. Not sure on which one to start though... 

DSC_0001.JPG

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Franchute said:

Hello, just a quick question. Because I'm not very smart, I posted heavy files about 10 days ago and I cannot attach files anymore. Does anybody know how I can replenish my stock of megas to be attached? Should I erase those pictures I posted?

You could create an account on an image hosting site (e.g. photobucket.com) and upload your images there, then paste the IMG links into your posts here.

• Like 1

I think I may have misunderstood the 'costing', do we just paint any models, regardless of station, that adds up to a total amount of ss that we signed up for? or do we paint a model of the station we signed up for? 

i.e Francois (Henchman 7ss) + Pigapult (Peon 8ss) = 15ss for the Master level.

or

Perdita (Master) = Master level entry

Cheers

Well here's what I've got planned for the month;

IMG_20160301_233617_zpsz6dpymd5.jpg

Whiskey Golem (10)
Performer (5)
Malifaux Child (2)
Shadow Emissary (4)
Wastrel (4)
3x Tengu (12)

That's 37SS for...was it Avatar Level? Whatever, either way it finishes off the released models for the 10-T Faction. After that I'll be hoping to clear the backlog from my other factions and sort out a Jorogumo proxy. ;)

EDIT: Speaking of which, what's the judgement on transparents? Obviously I've got a couple this month and while they don't need the same attention as normal minis, they'll still need to be based. Will they still count as normal?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ghostcopy said:

I think I may have misunderstood the 'costing', do we just paint any models, regardless of station, that adds up to a total amount of ss that we signed up for? or do we paint a model of the station we signed up for? 

i.e Francois (Henchman 7ss) + Pigapult (Peon 8ss) = 15ss for the Master level.

or

Perdita (Master) = Master level entry

Cheers

If you signed for Master you have pledged to paint a minimum of 15 stones a month.  If you do more then great!  Just the same, as a Minion, I might get a 10 stone model painted, but that wouldn't change my category, I just got around to painting something a bit more than I pledged to do.

The pledge levels aren't really a limit as such, it's just for bragging rights that you committed to painting a certain amount and completed the pledge :)

Hope that makes more sense!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rathnard said:

EDIT: Speaking of which, what's the judgement on transparents? Obviously I've got a couple this month and while they don't need the same attention as normal minis, they'll still need to be based. Will they still count as normal?

Yeah, they still count as normal :)

• Like 1

Cool, thanks Vaiuri ^_^ Makes sense to me now ( I can be a bit slow ) 

Well I'm off to a good start at least, just need to add a few piglets to the rotation. To be honest I did think it was going to be hard to not do more, I'm working on a few other models as well, I just wasn't going to be submitting them...and now I will :D

My entry for March.  Desperately need some ranged action in my Marcus beast crew.  Saw a good idea above about also using this challenge as an excuse/motiviation to finish up a partly done model every month idea---great idea, ..., someone!  I'll be doing the same, and maybe posting a photo of both, making it obvious which is the challenge model of the month and which is the sidekick.  I really needed this kick in the rear to get going.

PaintingContest_March2016_RogueNecr.jpg

• Like 1

@Franchute - I like the color scheme and the smooth highlights are wonderful

@ghostcopy - nice start, I really like the pig and look forward to seeing more progress on Ulix.

I've already started working on Widow. In game she's one of my favorite models and works really well with Chompy Dreamer. I want to use brighter shades on her to make the model stand out more. I've also decided to use bigger contrasts on her clothes, which is not what I normally do.

painters_challenge_march_01_zpsts1yzznz.

And last but not least - maybe this thread could be pinned? Would one of the mods be kind enough to do that?

7939a15c9d7df2b075d91c65ecf49775.jpg

• Like 4