Hiya

Nymie_the_Pooh

Hello. I have been lurking since a time before Malifaux was a game, or even a word I had heard. There were just a few really great models and some interesting hobby material back then. I bought into the game with the first book. I joined the Southern California Facebook group and later A Wyrd Place when they formed. I did not sign up for the forums until after the Through the Breach kickstarter. I wanted to read the opinions of other people that also bought in, but those forums were closed at the time unless you signed in. I do not believe I have made any posts before today.

I am introducing myself now because I signed up for this year's Iron Painter. I have been impressed over the years by the talent exhibited during the competition. I hold no illusion that I will make it to the final couple of rounds. Proceeding into round 3 will depend upon luck of the draw in round 2. My intention is to submit something each round regardless of if I am still in the running or not. Like many people, I have personal issues and they happen to be a driving factor for me entering. I want to have the experience of being a participant. The only way to do that is to actually join. I do not want to look back and wish I finally joined in regardless of where I feel my skill level is in relation to my fellow participants.

Thank you for taking the time to read the ramblings of a silly hermit. I probably should have done this years ago.

• Like 2