New UK Malifaux Rankings 2016

NoMoreMrNiceKai

I put the poll up because I feel that so many are jumping teams or making new teams of 7 plus people that eventually it becomes a popularity contest. Re-arranging it by the average would exclude alot of the newer players (in my opinion). i.e. in 2G1P there has already been a suggestion of "Maybe I should come off the team until I go to a few more events" (Lewis obviously :))

All of the suggestions are good, and although the yes side won, there was not a clear cut choice, so I will leave it as is at the moment.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, NoMoreMrNiceKai said:

I put the poll up because I feel that so many are jumping teams or making new teams of 7 plus people that eventually it becomes a popularity contest. Re-arranging it by the average would exclude alot of the newer players (in my opinion). i.e. in 2G1P there has already been a suggestion of "Maybe I should come off the team until I go to a few more events" (Lewis obviously :))

All of the suggestions are good, and although the yes side won, there was not a clear cut choice, so I will leave it as is at the moment.

Can't argue with that 

• 3 weeks later...

I have been getting a lot of requests for different ranking sites. Currently the count is at 2 other gaming systems, 4 other countries for Malifaux and multiple requests for an international one once the countries are done. This is all happening. I am currently writing an admin to allow someone other than me to admin it (i do some stuff direct to the db just now). This will be a few weeks away, as right now, Myself and Jamie are working hard on getting the new live event feature working for spring breach on Saturday. If you haven't already contacted me, but wish to run rankings in your country, drop me an email and I'll add you to the list when the admin is ready. (I realise this may be the wrong place to put this, being that it is in the UK events)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

(bit late reply)

That's great news! We had our Dutch Malifaux Rankings up at the old site, and would be cool if you could host our rankings on the new site as well. We don't have as many events as you guys over in the UK (I am jealous!), but our competative players like the rankings and at every event people mention it. I sent the latest tourney results to you earlier, but let me know if you would like more info or if I can be of any help!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So these are ready to go - the eagle-eyed among you will notice a UK flag next to the logo so we can differentiate between countries. I have been approached about Netherlands, Italy and USA. Above it is suggested that USA needs to be regions, is this the case? Also open for more if you would like to be an admin of your country.

Being an admin would involve people sending the results to you and you uploading them. Sometimes this means making the CSV formatted correctly, but I am putting examples together so that hopefully we can cut out the amount of admin on those. There is a tool for upload, merging players and adding teams to players.

I do plan to put together international rankings eventually - they have been suggested many times, but the other countries should get a chance to build up their rankings I think.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Guy in Suit said:

Awesome news!  Yes - the USA would most definitely need regions - being the size of Europe with little intermixing of metas.  How do we go about moving forward?  You want a list of admins for each region?

Count me as one of those admins in the US please.

On 5/28/2016 at 2:38 PM, NoMoreMrNiceKai said:

So these are ready to go - the eagle-eyed among you will notice a UK flag next to the logo so we can differentiate between countries. I have been approached about Netherlands, Italy and USA. Above it is suggested that USA needs to be regions, is this the case? Also open for more if you would like to be an admin of your country.

Being an admin would involve people sending the results to you and you uploading them. Sometimes this means making the CSV formatted correctly, but I am putting examples together so that hopefully we can cut out the amount of admin on those. There is a tool for upload, merging players and adding teams to players.

I do plan to put together international rankings eventually - they have been suggested many times, but the other countries should get a chance to build up their rankings I think.

Thank you so much Kai, this is great news. Let us know the best way going forward for people to request admin access.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, sorry to bother you on the forums!

I've sent a couple of emails to the Contact@Malifaux-rankings.com about spelling Karl McConnells name wrong in my event report for Winds of Fate and i was wondering if they had gone through or not, as Karl is quite keen on trying to over take Ben Harris :P!

Cheers for all the work you put into the rankings!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Rankings error...

Just to let you know that there seems to be an error. 

I recently (27th August) played in the The Fated Knot (ibuywargames, Woking, UK) and finished 22/24.  I also played Neverborn and also won the best painted event there (jointly).  However, this participation seems to have been awarded to a Keith Robertson (rather than me, Keith Robinson).  I've only played in one previous tournament (on the 20th August this year) as I'm new to the hobby, but it would be nice not to have to share my record (albeit a rather poor one!) with someone else ;) 

Anyway, any chance of getting this fixed?

Many thanks!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, the scoring for events is nice and clear when click I on the little 'i', but how are individual scores calculated?  I'm guessing from a bit of maths that it's your best 4 event scores added together but it doesn't seem to say that anywhere.   Also over what time period is this or will the full marks 400 points guy always have 400 points for now and forever more?

Edit: Just noticed they grey out after a year so guessing that's the cut off?

• 4 months later...