Hiring new gremlins for my brewmaster crew

warbanjo

Hello people, what do you think are the best pieces to play with the brewmaster?

I'd really like to grow my crew... for now I have only a few pieces, the brewmaster box set and the whiskey golem.
I had a match against Lady Justice, I've lost badly but I really had lot of fun!

Since I don't like Fingers that much I ordered Sammy LaCroix from my LGS, it seems cool, giving binge to it you will have more AP to cast spells like obey, hangover and blaaargh with the brewie in my opinion (and it still cost less soulstones).

What do you think? ^_^

If Sammy has Binge, then Wesley can't cast it (and naturally the main use of Binge is to cast it on Brewmaster and discarding a Masks to get an extra AP for Brewie). But Sammy is really good and works nicely with Brewster.

Now, as for what to add, Trixiebelle is the best model that Brewie can hire. Unfortunately you can't buy her alone but rather need the whole Mah box. But Trix - damn she makes Brewie sing.

Aside from her, Slop Haulers are always good as are basic Bayou Gremlins. I'm also fond of Piglets and Hog Whisperer but it isn't a universally shared sentiment.

Burt is great. He can deal real damage and also bunch up enemies for the Brew bubble.

Merris LaCroix is always nice if you need a Schemer and feel that Fingers is too expensive.

• Like 1

I love Sammy and her Wp targeting has some nice synergies with Brewie's debuffing, so nice one ;)

Slop Haulers are practically a must-buy for Gremlins. I know some people like to play without them, but they really pull their weight in healing, and then they are also half decent fighters.

I'd also recommend getting some more damage. I'm a fan of Moon Shinobis, but they can be a little situational in their damage output. Burt Jebsen would probably be a good single buy for Brewie, since he's a pretty fearsome damage dealer in both melee and range, but he also has an action called Crackerjack Timing that bunches up enemies if they fail a Wp duel - perfect for getting everyone stuck in Brewmaster's Drinking Contest.

If you have more of a budget and are looking to expand Gremlins as a whole, there are two crew boxes that have some really great key models in for any Gremlin player. The first is Som'er Teeth Jones's box, The Bayou Boss. You get some Bayou Gremlins who are versatile and very cheap models, as well as Lenny who is a great support model that gives out some very powerful auras. You also get Som'er himself if you fancied playing a different master. The other crew box is Ophelia's box, The Kin, which gives you some more powerful elite models, including Francois LaCroix, who is a very scary melee presence.

For Brewmaster specifically, and this is a niche buy, you could also consider Mah Tucket's box for Trixiebelle, but as Math said you're buying a whole crew box for one model (and personally I am not a fan of Trixie despite her good reputation). She's good with Brewmaster because she can hand out high poison with just one action, and also allows you to cheat your initiative flip, meaning that you're much more likely to get Brewmaster activated first to use his Drinking Contest.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips... I looked at burt's card and I think he is cool, he will surely put some shooting in my crew, I'll get one soon and maybe even a slop hauler!

If I'll get my hands on a new crew box I'll consider taking Mah or Som'er to make some new gremlins. :D

I've been thinking about adding Gluttony to a Brewmaster crew as he can push models into the Drinking Contest and punish models for just standing around in the bubble (if they don't also take an interact 1) in addition to disrupting enemy scheme markers through Feast and A Rhythm To Those Who Hunger.

A "Living the Dream" activation...he pulls off a 12" push with 4 dmg into 3" of himself (as well as the Drinking Contest Bubble) If they don't also take an interact then another 2dmg through Come On In My Kitchen for 6dmg total.  If they take an interact and drop a scheme (use Feast so that none are around when they arrive), then great you have more fuel for another A Rhythm To Those Who Hunger and then they only have 1ap for Drinking Contest (Unless a master or reckless model). If they get stuck in the poison bubble then it just gets easier as their WP will be dropping thanks to Brewmaster. you can also use Merris to create the scheme markers for the setup.

It just adds more lock down to the bubble and can add scheme marker manipulation, card & AP drain to Bremaster's tricks.  But...this is all theory, I have yet to try him out in a Brew Crew but it looks like fun combo wombo type play.

Yep it seems like he has very goooood synergyes, but the problem with him is the same for the Trixiebelle, it would be hard to get and on second stance I dont like the model much and he isn't a gremlin :D

20 hours ago, Math Mathonwy said:

If Sammy has Binge, then Wesley can't cast it (and naturally the main use of Binge is to cast it on Brewmaster and discarding a Masks to get an extra AP for Brewie). But Sammy is really good and works nicely with Brewster.

I'm sorry, I don't get every point of this, you can still cast binge with sammy on the brewie instead of using wesley if you want to and make two more AP wit the brewie instead of one... the downside from my point of view in that binge is a great casting spell and you can cast a maximum number of 2 binges instead of 4 (at least if you don't cast obey on sammy to binge on enemies).

4 hours ago, warbanjo said:

I'm sorry, I don't get every point of this, you can still cast binge with sammy on the brewie instead of using wesley if you want to and make two more AP wit the brewie instead of one... the downside from my point of view in that binge is a great casting spell and you can cast a maximum number of 2 binges instead of 4 (at least if you don't cast obey on sammy to binge on enemies).

The main difference is that Sammy, unlike Wesley has other awesome things to do with her AP than just Binge. I mean, Jynx is an utterly amazing Action. And I'm not saying that you shouldn't, just noting the trade-off if you do :)

Sammy is, all in all, really good with Brewie.

• Like 2

I Think that brewmaster is better off using swill+beatdown than his control aura. The aura style just folds most of the time and the Enemy comes out with max hp and some poison on them.

I really like swill into francois chain activation. It isually equals a dead big Enemy a round. Also advice for Burt: If you can charge in, usually do it. He is much more scaryer in melee than in range. This style also doesn't really requires trixie but she can help a lot.

i would also add sparks to the growing list of figures (wave 3). His big aura can stop enemies removing conditions or pushing out their friends to safety. If you hire sparks a construct would be the next logical step. A fast whiskey golem who can be binged or obeyed is no joke for the Enemy. Wouldn't play in any other team probably but this way with upgrades he could walk 6 and Attack 5-6 Times a turn.

i might have wandered a Little off with sparks and golem but its a fun denial aura + Super fast beater combo.

instead of the construct path you can use trixie and mancha as additional beaters. Trixie can give melee beaters additional actions with her ram trigger. Against swilled enemies low rams can trigger it aswell. You can use most rams as extra melee attacks and low masks as self binge extra ap. Its a lot of hurt against swilled enemies.

11 minutes ago, szendroib said:

I Think that brewmaster is better off using swill+beatdown than his control aura. The aura style just folds most of the time and the Enemy comes out with max hp and some poison on them.

I agree that going crazy about the bubble is a one-trick pony and Swilling is better but bubble can still be very useful and especially Ressers with their typically low Wp values don't appreciate it at all. But I agree that if your choices are between swilling or walking into a better bubble position, then swilling is often the better option.

i would also add sparks to the growing list of figures (wave 3). His big aura can stop enemies removing conditions or pushing out their friends to safety. If you hire sparks a construct would be the next logical step. A fast whiskey golem who can be binged or obeyed is no joke for the Enemy. Wouldn't play in any other team probably but this way with upgrades he could walk 6 and Attack 5-6 Times a turn.

I think that Whiskey Golem is generally better with Mah than with Brewie. And I'm really looking forward to using Sparks with them.

instead of the construct path you can use trixie and mancha as additional beaters. Trixie can give melee beaters additional actions with her ram trigger. Against swilled enemies low rams can trigger it aswell. You can use most rams as extra melee attacks and low masks as self binge extra ap. Its a lot of hurt against swilled enemies.

Trixie next to Lenny is a scary melee force :) 

7 hours ago, szendroib said:

i might have wandered a Little off with sparks and golem but its a fun denial aura + Super fast beater combo.

Yep even sparks is not a bad choice, I like him a lot! When he'll come out I will surely give out a try either to play him paired with my whiskey golem or maybe in the near future with Mei Feng if she will be my next master :D