Wyrd Chronicles #22

Lucidicide

4 minutes ago, Molja said:

Oh boy! Have to wait till tomorrow to read about probabilities and everything else inside. 

If Math is only one having trouble reading that pink font I'll suggest reading classes. ;) Besides the new screen of course.

Or using the dark theme ^^

34 minutes ago, Myyrä said:

BTW, would people be interested in reading about probabilities involved in Malifaux if I wrote something about them? And I'm not talking about basic probabilities like the ones that filled up this thread, but more along the lines of how good are :+fate and :-fate and different defenses, focusing more on the results and less on the math to keep it relatively easy to read.

Is this something people would be interested in? I could offer it for the chronicles or put it in a blog if they don't want it.

Yes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Molja said:

If Math is only one having trouble reading that pink font I'll suggest reading glasses. ;) Besides the new screen of course.

I probably should've explained the site I linked to a bit better. It shows the contrast you get between background and text. Rathnard's text gets a contrast ratio of 1.1 when 1 is the lowest you can get. W3C (the organization that guides the development of the web) has guidelines about contrast ratios. For text this size, the contrast ratio should be 4.5 at a minimum.

Doesn't mean that I don't need glasses or a better monitor or whatever, but that still a really lousy contrast by an objective measure.

3 hours ago, Ice_cat said:

Or using the dark theme ^^

Not going to change my preferred theme due to one user's choice of a vanity font color.

• Like 3

Okay, we've had our fun. We can all acknowledge my mathematical faux pas and this isn't the really the place to discuss my choice of colour for my posts (for the record though - I hear you and I'll make sure to look into it).

Can we all get back to discussing the rest of the Wyrd Chronicles now? :) 

• Like 2

another good Issue, thanks! 

While reading through I saw an advert and I was wondering for the support the local lgs where spending a certain amount each month entitles you to cool stuff is that only based in the USA? If not how do you go about applying for that stuff.

20 minutes ago, Carter said:

another good Issue, thanks! 

While reading through I saw an advert and I was wondering for the support the local lgs where spending a certain amount each month entitles you to cool stuff is that only based in the USA? If not how do you go about applying for that stuff.

It's not only for people living in the USA. Take a look here for more information.

• Like 3

I took part in a tournament yesterday and got there by train on Friday. What better thing to take for reading than the latest issue of Chronicles! I had a few hours to read them. As always, I enjoyed reading the articles about tactics very much. The stories are excellent too and hobby articles are fantastic too. It's great that the Chronicles are back on track with a regular schedule (well, they've been for a while now but I still remember how long it took to relaunch them after first three issues) and I wish @Justin all the best as the new editor, DFTBA!

• Like 1