[Yan Lo] Because I hate money...

Kobayashi

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised just how good bringing back Yin, Izamu, or even Chiaki is. Also, watching your Ca 8 attack make short work of almost any scheme runner. Yan Lo is definitely not a waste of money in my eyes.

On another note: When the Emissary is available, Yan Lo's most useless upgrades (Brutal Khakkahara and Bone Ascendant) actually have a place though I've not got my brain around how to get it right, an Incorporeal, Impossible to Wound Yan with Ml 6 3/4/5 damage track is going to be pretty fun I think.

On 2/12/2016 at 5:35 AM, BigHammer said:

Yin is a great control piece against casters specifically, and against anything that has a hard time getting positive flips on attacks in general. While I wouldn't recommend taking all of the ancestors at once, she can be a fantastic piece in certain strategies and schemes, and having access to Smoke Grenades can really frustrate anyone trying to target her from range.

I don't personally use Ama No Zako. The Thunders have a lot of models that do a similar job for less stones, and she can be very hit-and-miss. However, she fits well with Yin, since Gnawing Fears and Yin's Terrifying (All) combine rather nicely with Promising Whisper; if its target suffered from Gnawing Fears earlier in the turn it will be on a negative flip to resist Promising Whisper, and if the action targets Yin it will have to take a Horror duel at a negative flip as well, likely failing and gaining paralysed (although care must be taken, since a negative flip can't be cheated and if they pass the horror duel you would need to actually go through with whatever the action was).

DOH!

-B

Been using Ama as my Henchman in Henchman hardcore, I think this is where she shines.

Generally I have never had much luck with her, but she is a lot of fun in this format.

Ama No Zako

-Recalled Training

-MisDirection

Yin

10 T Bro

Shadow Effigy

Between recalled, terror living 13, hard to wound, into shadow and stones, she is hard to take down.

4 stones to call her own...

Been using Miasma quite a bit, starting with-her stoning for the suit if I dont have it and flying into the center to catch most if not all of their models for free damage as soon as they activate. (Hardcore Turf War).

The close deployment is perfect for Ama and Yin.

anywhoose.

-B