Just because ... 2/11/16

Nathan Caroland

22 minutes ago, Nathan Caroland said:

American McGee's Alice is a great piece - his Oz as well, though I don't think that got as much traction. Definitely visually interesting and one of the few games my wife actually bought and played through. I may or may not have all the collector figures as well ... 

Donnie Darko perhaps? Although googling Scary Bunny certainly came up with a few interesting visuals. 

unnamed.jpg

unnamed1.jpg

Where are the other beast gods: Seiryū, Byakko, Suzaku. I could see a great theme list with this.

Also I would think that an Alice in Wonderland crew would be Neverborn.

14 minutes ago, mrriddle83 said:

My heart aches a little bit that these guys, as displayed on those cards, are strictly story encounter models. Having the giant bunny as a henchman for Dreamer in regular games would be EPIC!

Oh well. I'll be picking them up regardless :)

Not just story encounter models:

Although I'm starting to think the rabbit may need two alternate cards.  One to count as Teddy for Neverborn, and another to count as Blessed for Arcanists.  I mean, I don't think it's possible to have enough Teddy models.  :)

Edit:  I mean, if you're playing Dreamer, buy one, and convert it into a stuffed rabbit "counts as Teddy."  It's got to be done.  ^_^

• Like 4

I think the bunny is now on my Must Have list, and I'm not even picky what cards he comes with. He would totally get fielded as a proxy Teddy regardless (although I guess that would really be more of a diabolical Velveteen Rabbit, but whatever)...

I love the Tortoise as well and ideally I'd be playing a Seamus crew with support from Izamu - wonder how that would go over? Too much to paint and build at the moment to even put together Seamus and his lovely ladies, though.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nathan Caroland said:

Available Easter initially - down the road at another time. Part of a 'Malifaux Twisted Alternatives' bit that I'm putting together for no other reason than I want to throw the oddball piece out there for the fun of it. I might even have to find a reason to do a caterpillar some day ..

Maybe a human caterpillar...? 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, solkan said:

Although I'm starting to think the rabbit may need two alternate cards.  One to count as Teddy for Neverborn, and another to count as Blessed for Arcanists.  I mean, I don't think it's possible to have enough Teddy models.  :)

Edit:  I mean, if you're playing Dreamer, buy one, and convert it into a stuffed rabbit "counts as Teddy."  It's got to be done.  ^_^

True story that - never enough Teddies. The bunny will end up being a "counts as Teddy" I assure you lol

What I was getting at is I'd love to take Luther as a alternative nightmare henchman selection instead of Widow Weaver. Not that I don't like WW, but variety, especially the crazy and demented rabbit kind, is always good.

Although, using him in as a BoD in a Marcus crew would be absolutely hilarious!