Madaxeman's Snowstorm

madaxeman

Like the look, especially the horns on Storm. Great job on the Eyes too!

Not sure if you are looking for recommendations, but I might suggest applying a wash over the model to really get things to pop and mellow out the chalking a bit. perhaps a "smokey" color over Storm and a blue over Snow's coat.

22 hours ago, Omenbringer said:

Like the look, especially the horns on Storm. Great job on the Eyes too!

Not sure if you are looking for recommendations, but I might suggest applying a wash over the model to really get things to pop and mellow out the chalking a bit. perhaps a "smokey" color over Storm and a blue over Snow's coat.

I've considered it, and I do usually do a wash over my crews, but in this case I bought the core Raspy box second hand on eBay, and the models in the crew didn't really have a wash - so when I added Snowstorm (and the Wendigo, which was unpainted) I thought it best to do a drybrush-type paint job on them to keep them consistent - like with this Ice Golem.

IMGP3623.JPG

The rest of the crew are here  

Looking at the rest of the crew you got there, it seems the dry brushing was restricted primarily to the Inorganic Ice Construct models in the crew (Golem and Gamin).  On those models it assists in making them look "frosty". The organic models in the crew (Rasputina and the Guildy being pounced by the Wendigo) though, look markedly different. The Wendigo on the Guildy does look fairly similar to how you painted your Storm, Snow as well does share a similar look with the Rasputina (perhaps she could benefit from a wash to tighten the look), so in terms of crew cohesion it does work.

Off topic, but the Ice Golems "nipples" always makes me laugh, almost as much as the bicep thing.