BiteFaux - Chessington - Saturday 2nd of April - 50ss Fixed Master

SurreyLee

2 hours ago, Psientologist said:

Two questions, maybe the answers are here and I'll seem extra lazy:

1. Are we getting the Strategies ahead of time?
  2. Are we getting a first round draw ahead of time (if even just the Friday)?

I'm going to have a chat with Zac this week to discuss this and other points. Will update the forum post later in the week. As it's geared to give beginner players a nicer game environment, I think the consensus in the past has been to pre-release Strategies etc but as said, will confirm. 

I don't see too many issues with issuing first round draw either. 

Does anyone have any grudge matches they'd like to settle? That's always a fun starting point?

11 minutes ago, SurreyLee said:

I'm going to have a chat with Zac this week to discuss this and other points. Will update the forum post later in the week. As it's geared to give beginner players a nicer game environment, I think the consensus in the past has been to pre-release Strategies etc but as said, will confirm. 

I don't see too many issues with issuing first round draw either. 

Does anyone have any grudge matches they'd like to settle? That's always a fun starting point?

there was some gobby southern taking the piss out the beautiful people of Harrogate, think he has learnt his lesson already. :P 

How would it be lucky Paul you bested me last time.

Grudges are a cool idea but I prefer the luck of the draw, not that I wouldn't want to play against Mr Butler again but I do like playing different people, it's part of the appeal of tournaments.

Regarding strategies and schemes, I'm not fussed either way to be honest but I wondered. I prefer knowing stuff but I don't really play outside of events right now so wouldn't get time to put anything into practice anyway.

I guess I would say knowing at least the strats would be good being fixed master. Again personally doubt it will change my decision, I only play 2 masters really anyway.

It was close Ben if you chose a decent master, could have gone the other way :blast .

Regards strats and schemes before tournaments the "debate" on this is entirely one-sided.  Fore knowledge (particularly in fixed master) is helpful for newer players and generally reduces the information overload right at the beginning of the tournament.  Starting blind advantages a particular subset of the scene, however, don't see any of the malifaux mafia so let's get the info out there and crack on.

Okay, despite having a venue that can cope with large numbers we have decided to cap numbers, for this event, at 32. This will allow us to finalise the prize pool and guage how well the venue actually does cope etc etc. 

Just wanted to say a massive thanks to everyone with the offers of tables and terrain so far without that the prize pool would be an awful lot skinnier. 

Who would like to stay and have a curry after all the funtivities. There are a couple of nice curry houses and i'm happy to book up if i can get an idea of numbers. Be good to have a beer and chin wag afterwards.

A final reminder too about the Best Painted category. This is going to be a best painted master and i'm hoping to see lot's of entries. 

Further details to be released this week.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HowNot2Wargame said:

Hi all,

are there still spaces for the tournament itself? not sure about curry unfortunately as I need to get home potentially for the event at wayland the next day lol.

Yup, 3 spaces remaining. Curry is optional but only a 10 minute walk from the venue if that makes much difference. Let me know if you purchase a ticket.