January Community Contest Discussion

psychogeek

Posted an idea I had discussed last year in AWP Facebook group. I even have stats and crew planned out for him. Play tested a bit but didn't get a chance to flesh it out anymore than I already had. It is, of course a tribute to HG Wells and the science fiction that Malifaux is built on to begin with.

Not easy to pick out what to write about, but oh well. Lady Rattlebags it is!

On a sidenote, Kaptain_Konrad, I wouldn't use the name Konrad Kurze in a contest. It's a name Games Workshop uses for one of the primarchs of one of their legions, The Night Lords. Would be awkward if you won and it became official, and Wyrd has a character with pretty much the same name as Games Workshop. Just my two cents. 

• 2 weeks later...

So my idea grew out of a TTB character I made up. He's grown into a master with a knife wielding totem and a full crew. They're based on pretty much every Victorian explorer there's been. Excited now, It's great reading everyone elses stories. I wouldn't want to be the one who chooses. Also he has a thing for hats, why not? Hats are great!

Edited by Púca
Forgot to mention hats

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Just on first glance, I'd think that Konrad Curze, being a prominent character in another franchise, may require more of a name change than swapping the C for a K.

For myself, I will be submitting Colonel Jefferson Barlow Aries once I can distill him to a few paragraphs. I hope you folks will take a peek at the bits I've written for him, from back in the earlier days of v1. :)

EDIT: And I just noticed this was for last year. lol