UK Nationals 2016 - 12-13 November

OldManMyke

To prevent any confusion I have written the rules pack for the event already.  This enables folks to vote with their wallets and keeps everything clear and above board

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5rqe79vg5r5afs3/Rules%20Pack%202016.pdf?dl=0

There might be slight tweaks but fundementally this is what we will be playing and how we will be playing it

post any qustions here and i will do my best to answer them

I must say, I like the use of 3 fixed lists instead of the Trinity. Especially not knowing the Strats and Schemes beforehand. I may be tempted to try that... Although I don't know what my 3rd faction would be...

Are there any plans for an organised evening event, like the 2014 GT? It was something I missed last year. There's been plenty of things done at the GTs, and other weekend events over the years, and I think those are the kind of things that have really helped the community grow to where it is today. Obviously it was much easier to organise things when the GT was only 40 people... It's a lot harder to get 100 people into a restaurant for a meal for example =p

Other than that, spot prizes and a raffle. Give random awesomeness away to people no matter how well they have done. Obviously there is a time constraint, and they can tend to drag on. So maybe do a raffle Saturday night, or do the randomisation across the 2 days to spread out the fun... there's a solution there somewhere I think.

Anyway, I hope this will be as big a success as it can be!

• Like 3

Looks interesting, need to get my paint on but plenty of time before then.  Interested in the various different formats, how likely do you think people are to declare fixed list/triple fixed?  Seems especially hard when you don't know at least the strats in advance.  I like the two hour rounds a lot though as I dislike it when you feel rushed and that is generally plenty of time to get a game finished.

Nooooo... I can enter Multiple tables. Now I need to make Multiple Tables! 

I think this is looking good. I'm fairly sure that there will be a few fixed lists there. And there will probably be some in contention for top places. 

I think the altered Trinity will interest some people, and I don't think it is so powerful that they will be doing better than if they just played single faction, which is I guess what we want. Interesting, but probably not an over powered option. 

3 hours ago, OldManMyke said:

Updated this morning to show that you just declare Faction for all crew construction methods

So in the case of 3 Fixed Lists, I would just declare "I'm playing 3 Fixed Lists", or would I declare "I have 3 fixed lists, and Arcanist, a Neverborn, and a Gremlin", or would I have to declare the faction of the list I am playing?

• 3 weeks later...

Tickets for this event will go on sale at 8pm on Friday 19th February.  Tickets will cost £40 and include lunch on both days.  They will be on sale via the webshop of www.daffcon.info

127 tickets available in total as last years winner gets free entry, congratulations Joe

Will we beat 88 participants this year?

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Sybarite said:

So how does one travel to Daventry? Whats the closest airport?

It's fairly central in the UK but doesn't have a train station close by. Birmingham International and East Midlands Airports are pretty much equally close at a 50 minute drive.

Getting to the actual venue may be an issue, it's out of town and Daventry does not have a train station any more (nearest is Long Buckby about 6 miles away). That being said, there's several local players and I reckon we can sort lifts out closer to the time. I'll be heading down from Coventry each day (30 minutes away) and will have space in my car for some people to jump in.

Pretty much what Graeme said.

Birmingham International has train links to both Long Buckby for Daventry, and Rugby and Northampton as fallback places to stay and drink. I'd recommend aiming for that airport if you don't have a waiting car. 

Taxi from Long Buckby station to the venue will be around £14.

Northampton and Rugby are major towns and they're around half an hour away. I know there'll be at least 4 cars coming from Northampton (one of them being mine) with space if people need a lift.