Schemes & Stones Master Spotlight Kaeris

Khyodee

As a player considering Kaeris as a new master, I found it helpful, and particularly liked that you included Kaeris's weaknesses rather than focussing too much on what she's good at. 

One thing I found intriguing-near the end there was a comment that all the box sets included models a Kaeris player would want to use. Does that include the Rasputina box set, and if so could you elaborate slightly? I'm having trouble quite figuring that one out, and I'm genuinely interested in what I'm failing to see.

On 1/9/2016 at 0:16 AM, Burk said:

As a player considering Kaeris as a new master, I found it helpful, and particularly liked that you included Kaeris's weaknesses rather than focussing too much on what she's good at. 

One thing I found intriguing-near the end there was a comment that all the box sets included models a Kaeris player would want to use. Does that include the Rasputina box set, and if so could you elaborate slightly? I'm having trouble quite figuring that one out, and I'm genuinely interested in what I'm failing to see.

Glad it was useful.

That was a case of me misspeaking rather than some obscure wisdom.  I should have probably have excluded Rasputina and IMO Ironsides, all the other boxes are useful. That being said Ice Gamin are a lot better than people think as a generic minion. I'm using them more and more as a summon from Mech Rider. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, mythicFOX said:

That being said Ice Gamin are a lot better than people think as a generic minion. I'm using them more and more as a summon from Mech Rider. 

Now that the Metal Gamin blinkers are off, it turns out there's a bunch of really solid 4ss Arcanist minions. :)

I really enjoyed this episode, it was good to hear your thoughts, Fox. I tend to play Kaeris primarily as a support for Gunsmiths (Burning boosts them up and Kaeris' triggered actions can give them Fast essentially for "free", which makes them almost as good as a regular 7ss model) and you've given me some new ideas on things to do with her.

I was happy to hear your support for the Firestarter (who I think is great, and not just because I have the special edition), and surprised at your judgement on the Captain - but your argument that 1ss more buys you Johan and Angelica who do practically the same thing better was very well made!

• Like 2