Dia de los Muertos - The Ortegas & Co.

haychdee

Really, really good. Those conversions really take some skill.

Since you're so amazing, do you think you could maybe fix Lady Justice's suspenders? They shouldn't hug the boobs like that but rather make a straight line along the tangent of the boob. You'd need to shave a part of them off and replace with a strip that's a bit in the air so it might be impossible but those suspenders really drive me crazy. I'm planning to just shave them completely when I end up using that particular torso.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Math Mathonwy said:

Really, really good. Those conversions really take some skill.

Since you're so amazing, do you think you could maybe fix Lady Justice's suspenders? They shouldn't hug the boobs like that but rather make a straight line along the tangent of the boob. You'd need to shave a part of them off and replace with a strip that's a bit in the air so it might be impossible but those suspenders really drive me crazy. I'm planning to just shave them completely when I end up using that particular torso.

Boob Tangent = SCIENCE.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the positive comments folks!

I've been away snowboarding last week so I'm only just getting back to my work bench but I do have a few WIP's of my next family member, Abuela!

So if you frequent A Wyrd Place on Facebook you may have seen this a while back. I basically decided that I'd scrap Abuela's wheelchair for a slightly more unusual mode of transport.....her own personal Executioner:

20160103_201646_zpsylv5dyek_edit_1453249

20160103_201638_zpsp6rg5xz3_edit_1453249

20160103_201652_zpsa4f4ictt_edit_1453249

Apologies for the slight white glare to the pics, not the best quality. So this is kinda my first proper time sculpting arms and muscles. I'm pretty happy with how they're turning out so far. I have had a go at some hands but they are proving a lot harder to get right. I used Johan's arms as a reference when sculpting as he's a similar size to these big guys.

I try to keep my work bench full with several models at a time as I try to only sculpt small amounts at a time to avoid squashing my fingers into still setting green stuff. So throughout this project you might see many WIP's but I assure you they will all see completion. I expect to be tournament ready from end of March so I need to get cracking!

So, just a little update for now but much more to come over the weekend (we'll be meeting some more family members!).

As per, all C&C is greatly appreciated and any questions I'm more than happy to answer.

Cheers
HD

P.S. @Math Mathonwy, I will be sorting out those suspenders. It's something I didn't notice until I was a good way into the conversion unfortunately.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, haychdee said:

With some early WIP paint:

2016-02-06%2000.42.16_zps5jho6edr.jpg

Again, all is WIP at the moment but things are slowly coming together. The other crew members are starting to take shape but I try and post them up once there's something good to look at. I'm giving myself some deadlines so that hopefully by the end if the month we should be seeing some big things coming out.

As always C&C is more than welcome!

HD

This is amazing, love it :)

• Like 3

When i first saw your Santiago conversion, i wasn't sure how the hat would tie with the rest of the mini

Upon seeing him painted, that impression quickly vanished, and he does look amazing.

You are doing a very good job of enhancing the models while staying true to both them and your theme

• Like 1