Calling All Doctors. Fluff discussion.

ekt3

Does anyone here (Wyrd staff, I'm looking at you!) know why Dr. Grimwell and Co. have the sub-type Witch Hunter and not Guild Guard? If they were, then players could run the four in the box (Grimwell, Heartsbane and the two Orderlies) with Moonlighting.

Now you're probably thinking, "Why don't you just take On the Clock instead and run McMourning as Guild?" and that's totally fair. I definitely could, and probably wouldn't mind it too much. Except for one thing.

I couldn't take Rafkin. I feel that him working so closely with the morgue merits his inclusion in McMourning's fluff, even though he is Nicodem's student.

Wyrd, would you consider adding Rafkin to On the Clock's accepted models? Or explain (through fluffy stories hopefully!) why Dr. Grimwell and Co. are Witch Hunters and not Guild Guard? I just want all my medical staff in the same place!

Everyone else, provide me your opinions, speculations, justifications and rationalizations!

(I'm not Wyrd staff, so I can only speculate.)

From a fluff perspective, my suspicion is that Grimwell & Co. are involved in the process of creating Witchling Stalkers - unsanctioned spellcasters captured by the Witch Hunters are brought to the asylum for "treatment" of their obvious social dysfunction. It's an easy way to disappear people whose absence would otherwise be remarked upon.

From a game perspective, they're all Mercenaries anyway, so you can hire them with Resser McMourning if you want. :)

Mental patients and morgues don't match in my book so they don't really have anything in common from a story perspective.

Gameplay-wise I don't see the interaction either, resser McMourning seems like he can bring a lot better models. 

If McMourning could hire anyone with the guardsman characteristic instead of only guild guards he might actually use his hiring ability (double austringers in a ceaseless advance list would be fun;))  As it is your suggestion doesn't change anything.