December 21 - Stitched Together

Lucidicide

22 minutes ago, BewareTheYalcrab said:

Should be an easy enough mod.  Greenstuff into the guts to smooth it out and add the bugs.

I really dig the design.  Was hoping for a more burlap texture for dry-brushing, but they still look so awesome.

The burlap would  definitely  have  been a  nice touch. The cloth is a bit smooth, but it might have distracted a bit much from  the stitches which are well done.

35 minutes ago, jason13 said:

The burlap would  definitely  have  been a  nice touch. The cloth is a bit smooth, but it might have distracted a bit much from  the stitches which are well done.

You can just paint on burlap texture with a little bit of subtle color shift and cross hatching :)

But yeah, obligatory Oogie Boogie comment, +like, yadda yadda.

Do the good work Wyrd, some of the finest models on the market as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

Looking forward to picking these up and trying them out with Lynch. I will never not see that first one as having a "yeah boy...I see you checking me out..." look on its face though. Despite there being no real front arcs in Malifaux, I tend to have my models facing towards whatever enemy I move to attack/engage just because. That one, though? It's gonna back its ass up to the opponent every time, that salacious grin on its face.

• Like 1

Golly, this makes me want to start working on the Dreamer now, but I have sooo many models to paint at the moment and much other work to do.  Also, as Lynch is one of my favorite masters, do I need more models that just make things dead?

YES!

But Depleted and Beckoners usually fill up my infiltration slots, and Graves likes pushing Huggy around so he can use all 3 AP to kill things turn 1...

Also, I'm pretty excited to test out my cross-hatching and blending chops on these guys.

• Like 1

Will be getting these for NB Lucius, they overall look solid

1. Looks great, no complaints top notch, 9/10
  2. Is truly the gem, the arm coming from the stitching is both disturbing and simply awesome, this captures the feel, 10/10
  3. The least 'exciting' of an exceptional bunch. One thing does always also make me nervous and that is a tiny base connection, I'd prefer a better base to model join, 7.5/10

So I'll give the set 8.5/10 overall and pretty much an auto buy for me in what I hope is a unsettling Easter sale purchase. The thought of buying these over Easter and chocolate eggs and bunnies is really wrong, love it and hope it happens.

• Like 3