December 14th - Large Arachnids

Lucidicide

Huh, I happened to stop and look at the card in the book, and the original render does a really good job of capturing that drawing.  But the render (with the massive chainsaw arm) makes me want to buy a half dozen or so and demo "Hoffman vs. Ramos, Robot Spider Wars".  :D

I do have to admit that the chainsaw arm on the new render might, possibly, be a little bit too massive. 

Extra bonus points if there's some way we can get both the glowy-electrical prod and the chainsaw arm in the box, for variety in the inevitable mechanical spider armies.  :)

• Like 2

From Twisting Fates pg 11: "The circular saw blade mounted flat against its abdomen came free from its safety locks and spun, cutting through the air."

Thanks for the reference but can you give the name of the story too please?

Huh, I happened to stop and look at the card in the book, and the original render does a really good job of capturing that drawing.  But the render (with the massive chainsaw arm) makes me want to buy a half dozen or so and demo "Hoffman vs. Ramos, Robot Spider Wars".  :D

I do have to admit that the chainsaw arm on the new render might, possibly, be a little bit too massive. 

Extra bonus points if there's some way we can get both the glowy-electrical prod and the chainsaw arm in the box, for variety in the inevitable mechanical spider armies.  :)

It's quite enough to do that demo with the regular spiders if your players can do enough engineery smack-talk. :DAdding one or more of these can only help.

And yes, extra bonus points if we can please have both the possible weapons.

At this point my only question is where to paint on the knot-and-rectangle motif I want...

The new render is friggin' sweet. It's now sleek and sharp looking with a big ridiculous extreme saw blade contraption. Good focal point that really draws your attention. Still looks sharp but now it is alot more interesting and very badass.

Top marks with this one - as of late I've been pleased with what I've been seeing in general.

Bonus points for changing the concept upon feedback - did not expect that.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Wow! Looks great with both the saw blade and that prongy thingy ^^ Will add those to my Ramos crew!

Dear Ramos seems to be a little obsessed with arachnids, so it would be fun if he could get some other bugs or animals as friends in the future. Would also be great if he could hire constructs from other factions as well. I mean, he probably made a few of them.

Also, a Hoffman vs Ramos fight would be awesome to watch!