December 14th - Large Arachnids

Lucidicide

Is. . .

Is that a ladder on the back? such that a small child could climb up there an' ride around on it?

It's a gremlin access port. Arcanists already know it's just a matter of time before anything they make will fall into swampy hands, and they're strong believers in ease of use.

• Like 1

Is. . .

Is that a ladder on the back? such that a small child could climb up there an' ride around on it?

It's a gremlin access port. Arcanists already know it's just a matter of time before anything they make will fall into swampy hands, and they're strong believers in ease of use.

GREMLINS?!?! Forget those stupid greenskin gobs, they're too stupid to figure out which end of a machine goes up! I want a ridable spidiework!

I love it.  It is truly a great day for entomologist-arcanists everywhere.  Wyrd has done an awesome job getting the morphology of spiders into this model.  For those who miss the buzz saw, just add a clock gear to the electrode-thingee.  I think I will do this. 

<entomologist>  Arachnids have chelicerae, not mandibles.  I know, doesn't matter.  :) </entomologist>.

I think the model looks great, and I love the rear ladder.  That's a great detail that few think of.  Though I am in the camp that wishes models reflected rules a bit more.  Especially since the rules not only state there is a saw, but they also have zero reference to electricity shenanigans.

Model:  8/10
Reflection of Rules:  4/10

Woh woh... hold on a second here... These look very nice but I thought the large arachnid was already released though...

...one came in my Ramos boxset. >8)

-----------------------------

I'm on the rules reflection side of things. Totally agree with zFiend - I would like to see models being accurately portrayed - then, it is up to us as the hobbyists to modify them as we see fit. 

Unfortunately, I am very happy with these... they look very sleek and attractive looking... so I won't bother complaining this time.

Very happy with the fiddy-render, as well. Wyrd, I am most pleased with you as of late.

Lightning dongs are coo with me. :D 

Edited by SpectreEliteGaming
  • Like 1

Woh woh... hold on a second here... These look very nice but I thought the large arachnid was already released though...

Oh good, I'm not crazy.  I swore there was already one, but in my head I couldn't imagine what it was in that box if it wasn't a Large Arachnid.

<entomologist>  Arachnids have chelicerae, not mandibles.  I know, doesn't matter.  :) </entomologist>.

Thread = worth.  Learning.

Apparently the models have nothing to do with the weaponry they have in rules. Dashel has baton, wields an axe. Sergeants have breaching axe, wields a scimitar. Guilty have murder weapons, wield nothing. Arachnids have sawblades, wields a lightning dong. 

I hereby officially request that Wyrd issues errata to change the name of the Large Arachnid's attack to "Lightning Dong."

But they do look great - my Ramos playing friend will be quite pleased.

• Like 2

Am I misremembering but isn't there a Large Arachnid in the Twisting Fates story where Ramos shows up at the ruins of the Observatory and has a little fight with Hoffman and that one had a saw come from a hatch? Will have to have a look at the story.

From Twisting Fates pg 11: "The circular saw blade mounted flat against its abdomen came free from its safety locks and spun, cutting through the air."

Am I misremembering but isn't there a Large Arachnid in the Twisting Fates story where Ramos shows up at the ruins of the Observatory and has a little fight with Hoffman and that one had a saw come from a hatch? Will have to have a look at the story.

From Twisting Fates pg 11: "The circular saw blade mounted flat against its abdomen came free from its safety locks and spun, cutting through the air."

Interesting. At least it's a possible reason why the blade can't be seen from the angle presented.

Edited by Rob Lo

I like the design a lot. I think, from a design point of view, that they are a lot better than the metal version. I have the metal one and yet I'm sorta kinda considering getting these.

Though I, too, wish they had the buzzsaws as opposed to the lightning rod. I can see it giving opportunity for some fun OSL effects for the better painters out there but it still seems superficial. 

<MODHAT>  Some content removed by mod, see below </MODHAT>

Edited by mythicFOX
  • Like 1

Note that I don't think people are just finding something to complain about, I just wanted to check what the fluff said about the buzzsaw. (I'd wouldn't mind the buzzsaw myself either.)

No, I found that very interesting, actually. Heck, I could see myself converting a buzzsaw into the underbelly of the one that's rearing up (I'm sure I could find a chainsword or something that would slot very nicely there). My comment was fully aimed at RarerMonsters.

I wish to just add as a clarification that the part removed from my post contained no guesses about anyone's motives unlike the post that started this whole thing off and which is still there and un-modded. Furthermore, my post was completely polite and didn't cast any aspersions towards anyone. It merely commented on what a person had said as opposed to commenting on that person or their motives.

Edited by Math Mathonwy
  • Like 2

Indeed. It'll be nice when Wyrd gets around to fixing the long-standing mispack where Ramos's Large Arachnid comes with a 30mm base and a Brass Arachnid stat card. ;)

• Like 2