Grey_Kardinals' workshop

Stark

Does Russia have some sort of intense arts curriculum in its school system? Is miniature painting more mainstream there than in North America? I see high talent coming from both Russia and other Eastern European nations. AlexiZ was certainly the first and most prominent artist I saw from her amazing Golden Demon wins, but I see a lot of cyrilic in the top end of Putty and Paint too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ringsnake said:

Does Russia have some sort of intense arts curriculum in its school system? Is miniature painting more mainstream there than in North America? I see high talent coming from both Russia and other Eastern European nations. AlexiZ was certainly the first and most prominent artist I saw from her amazing Golden Demon wins, but I see a lot of cyrilic in the top end of Putty and Paint too.

This is exactly what I told my wife. For some reason, all the nice minis I see come from Russia.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Well hello guys! Long time no see))

Thanks @Mortarion @Moondog @sigmar3 for kind words))

I was busy, but have some interesting pieces to show! And the main thing is my longest work - St. Abuela Ortega for my Spanish Inquisition crew. I've started her almost a year ago, painted her steam tank aaaaand can't continue her. Don't know why. It's pretty cool miniature, but her unoccupied hat drive me crazy. So one day I sculpted roses (14, more precisely) and planted all that space :DAnd of course the Wyrd Contest Femme Fatale was the main prod to finish granny. The contest was great (despite some issues) and I won it! It was very cool! Especially the opportunity to create character for my favorite game) Some days later I'll post here WIP images)

PICTURE IS CLICKABLE (full size iside)

38256_original.jpg

• Like 8

• 1 month later...

Well, since OSL is my strongest skill, I decided to try something new) I never try the flashlight, moreover, I didn't find ANY of references or similar works( The only artist who painted something similar was Michelangelo Merisi da Caravaggio. So I think it's interesting challenge)

My work - the scene from the story, where described last hours of the living Molly Squidpiddge. She was taking pictures of Gorgones Tear in the museum, when Seamus came for her. The photos she caught, show the shadow of the serpentine woman who no one saw. I hope to be in time with that project)

large.GhWm_MGmnlo.jpg.d679098733d712e10863686c24c6b06b.jpglarge.O0u-3QT8AuE.jpg.01a4daeb8c23e75bddb7072dfb9b7a54.jpg

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, Treehouse said:

This is one of the occasions where a simple 'like' just doesn't cut it. I absolutely love the idea for your diorama and it is very well executed. Colours, lights and overall atmosphere are spot on. Great work! :-)

Thank you very much, it's a very nice to read such a kind words))

• 1 year later...