Grey_Kardinals' workshop

Stark

@haychdee Thank you!)

By the way I'm almost finished the good doctors, only one left) I'm really don't like the eyes of the Nurse - it's supposed to be green, but it's difficult to see and generally looks like bad-eye painting(

And yes! For those who have not seen) 
Also, folks, I need your frendly help and advice. The next roject on my list after the Starer 2Ed is Ortega family. I want it like the Spanish Inquisition - they are born for it (especially alt Francisco - he is natural Cardinal) and I know how to stylize all of them, besides Perdita. I think about it over the last two weeks and totally no idea(( I have both of Perditas models. So thats why I'm asking for your help))

19290_1000.jpg

• Like 7

4 hours ago, lusciousmccabe said:

I thought you were supposed to be slow at painting? :D

Thank you, but I am slow)) Look at the Curtis! Every week is awesome models!) But you right, my speed is increased) What can I say? The desire to play is very motivating))

@sigmar3 Thank you!) I took a lot of experience while painting those dudes, imo red is the third of the most difficult colors (after black and yellow) and here I had some balancing between red and orange (the road workers wear the jackets of that color), but it's still red, so I'm pleased))

• Like 2

Some great stuff. I really like the light effects on the death marshals and lone marshal. I tried that on my soul porter but it didn't turn out nearly as good as yours! If you had any tips / tutorials on this that would be awesome. Looking forward to seeing your Perdita crew.

• Like 1

Just now, Moondog said:

If you had any tips / tutorials on this that would be awesome. Looking forward to seeing your Perdita crew.

Thanx!) Your soul porter is great as well as the other members of YanLos crew, actually it's the best YanLo crew that I've seen, when are you planning to continue painting?

Unfortunately, I've never written tutorials before.

• Like 1

I started working on my next crew - Ortega family, which will be in the style of Spanish Inquisition (Monty Python). For that purpose, I added a vial of holly water and a crucifix (I have no idea how to improve form the other way and not spoil that great miniature). After many thoughts about base I decided to create environment of brawl, which I'll apply to the other members of the family. 

P.S. Don't tell me anything about the frequency of updates xDD

20163_900.jpg

• Like 5

On 17/04/2016 at 11:43 AM, Stark said:

Thanx!) Your soul porter is great as well as the other members of YanLos crew, actually it's the best YanLo crew that I've seen, when are you planning to continue painting?

Unfortunately, I've never written tutorials before.

Yes I have started up again and am working on a nurse and some Komainu. Maybe not a tutorial, but if you have any tips and idea's on how to make the glowing eyes on the lone marshal's horse that would be great.

I really like the base and scene for Perdita!

• Like 1

Just now, Moondog said:

Yes I have started up again and am working on a nurse and some Komainu. Maybe not a tutorial, but if you have any tips and idea's on how to make the glowing eyes on the lone marshal's horse that would be great.

I really like the base and scene for Perdita!

Thank you again!)
About the eyes, first of all I painted all horse without OSL. The next step I put ice blue on the eye and lighten to pure white. For the mid-tones for OSL I use Vallejo BlueGreen and blue. around the eyes is some layers of glazing with that colors. I know that's not quite good explanation, but it's the best I can. I hope this will help с: 
Looking forward  for your new works!)

• 2 weeks later...