Malifaux n00b, hi

8bit_jesus

Hello!

What faction from the starter set will you choose to play with? 

I'll probably use both at some point. I'm definitely more drawn towards Neverborn stuff in general, so I'll probably stick with those guys.

Is there a huge difference between them both? I'm trying to find videos/web pages that give me more of an idea how different factions play. It seems cool if all the factions have different leaders

Hello :D For the Neverborn you might want to look into Lilith as she has some synergy with Angel Eye's mob. Dr Grimwell works well with most of the Guild masters except for perhaps Hoffman (who prefers mechanical help) He's technically a witch hunter so has that to link him to Sonnia and looks wise him and McMourning are perfect. Nurse Heartsbane is actually very good for Guild as she offers some board control something the faction lacks.

Quick over view of the faction playstyles:

Neverborn: Neverborn use speed and deception to win games. Able to dish out a large amount of damage in melee they are usually quite fragile and most rely on tricks to keep them alive. This faction is also rife with Wp based abilities. 

Guild: The guild packs a lot of firepower and tends to prefer a few competent models to a host of weaker ones. The uild is also quite good at buffing and supporting it's models and has a counter to several kinds of threats.

Arcanists: Magic users, constructs and beasts make up this faction. While it can make use of a wide variety of elemental spells it uses the burning condition more than any other. Armour is the most common defensive ability in this faction.

Resurrectionists: necromancers who love summoning. Often use a host of cheap models to outnumber the opponent and also a big fan off horror duels and poison. Many of these models are easy to hit but hard to wound.

Outcasts: The outcasts don't have a single unifying pattern except they're the misfits and outsiders of Malifaux. This faction has the highest number of Mercenaries and a wide variety of options/playstyles.

Ten Thunders: The Ten Thunders have a dual faction master with every other faction and these dual faction masters can infiltrate members of their other faction into a Ten thunders crew. This coupled with their diverse model types allows a 10T player to adapt to just about any play style.

Gremlins: The faction that loves shenanigans. Gremlins are almost as likely to hurt themselves as they are the enemy. Also many members of this faction are constantly drunk.

For more info on the factions and masters check out Pull My Finger the Malifaux wikia and tactica.

• Like 2

Neverborn can sometimes be a little trickier as they tend to rely on "tricks" and synergy perhaps a little more than other factions always do. I wouldn't say they weren't new player friendly - I started with Lillith and Ironsides and I picked up Lilliths playstyle much quicker.

In the end I always suggest going for what interests you then l theme/model/play style wise. Remember most if not all of the starter set models are mercs (I can't remember of the top of my head) so they can be hired into any crew.