Welcome to Wyrd Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Psientologist

Arcane Reservoir (the podcast)

59 posts in this topic

Excellent podcast!  Love the depth of analysis.  

All the guests are great, but my favorite guest is James Doxey.  I have listened to almost all the main Malifaux podcasts and I doubt any player out there has a better understanding of the game than Mr. Doxey.

Feedback: Would love to hear more battle reports from the top UK players.  I enjoy how the Max Value podcast guys talk about each of their tournament games in depth, and it provides a nice window into how great players think about the game while they are playing.  Contextual situations, where they debate in their heads how to act given the models in front of them, schemes, cards in hand, etc.   

+45 is out now!

We discuss the effects we've seen of wave 4 since it's release, the UK tournament scene 3 months in and also the rise in popularity of a certain master.

+46 and +47

Both are tournament reports.
The first is the 42 person tournament Haul of Eggs, I'm joined by Tim and Josh as we discuss each of our games in (reasonable) depth.

The second I recorded live in person with Jamie, Kai, Lewis, Dave and Joe about Spring Breach.

So, I've heard you twice telling you played your standard Sandeep list and I dont know where to get the list. Would it be possible to know what it contains exactly? Thanks :)

On 04/05/2017 at 8:29 PM, Franchute said:

So, I've heard you twice telling you played your standard Sandeep list and I dont know where to get the list. Would it be possible to know what it contains exactly? Thanks :)

No problem:

Sandeep, Arcane Reservoir, (summoning upgrade), Enlightened Soul, full cache of 7,
Arcane Effigy,
3 Wind Gamin,
Malifaux Raptor,
Carlos, Practiced Production, Stunt Double,
Howard Langston, Imbued Energies.

2 people like this

New podcast out on Thursday.
Another tournament report where I'm joined by Luke Cocksedge and Conor McNama chatting about Cow Wars 4.

In the mean time, check out the BRAND NEW WEBSITE
New blog every Tuesday and every other Thursday.

http://arcanereservoir.com/

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Psientologist said:

No problem:

Sandeep, Arcane Reservoir, (summoning upgrade), Enlightened Soul, full cache of 7,
Arcane Effigy,
3 Wind Gamin,
Malifaux Raptor,
Carlos, Practiced Production, Stunt Double,
Howard Langston, Imbued Energies.

Thanks a lot. May I ask why you consider three wind gamins? Is it just to summon Banasuva more easily? Or is there something else?

(I also understand they are useful for several schemes and strat).

1 hour ago, Franchute said:

Thanks a lot. May I ask why you consider three wind gamins? Is it just to summon Banasuva more easily? Or is there something else?

(I also understand they are useful for several schemes and strat).

More the latter as honestly Banasuva doesn't come out too much.

At 4ss they are cheap little scheme runners and the fact they don't count for certain strategies and schemes is just too good to pass on.
There are some other equally cheap and decent minions in Arcanists but none of them have any extra synergy with Sandeep.

I know a lot of people have been playing a trio of Mages, but that doesn't quite fit in the list without dropping the effigy or bird.
Perhaps that is a better way to go, but I haven't had as much success with the mages and the initial model count increase also helps the crew.

1 person likes this

Thanks a lot for sharing your thoughts. I'm a big fan of your podcast by the way. I'm looking forward to your new episode.

1 person likes this