November 30th - Fermented River Monks

Lucidicide

They look great but the shoes if based on geta shoes are backwards.

Uh oh - better fix that up Wyrd. Don't want to be culturally ignorant, afterall. ;) 

@RarerMonsters - Sounds more like convenient excuses than genuine reasons. :D 

The smiley face bottle cannot be unseen, either. Damnit.

Edited by SpectreEliteGaming

Nah, they aren't geta shoes, something completely different. See, explained, and I didn't even have to get culturally ignorant or insensitive. Easy. :)

Denying they are a misinterpreted version of something they clearly are trying to imitate can hardly be called an explanation. 

• Like 3

Nah, they aren't geta shoes, something completely different. See, explained, and I didn't even have to get culturally ignorant or insensitive. Easy. :)

I smell a trap... and I am not biting. ;)

I do appreciate snappy witty remarks like this, however, I like how the people at Wyrd aren't politically correct and superficial people like those who represent most companies. In particular, I find that Aaron and Nathan are really interesting because they can be edgey at times - and with the addition of Mason and Eric - they are just a bunch of normal guys who enjoy gaming and appreciate the hobby.

Of course, I am fully aware that I am kind of a dick. So if I appreciate you guys... well, that might not be the best thing for you. ;) 

• Like 2

Oh I don't mind a back handed compliment from time to time from a complete dick (see, no kinda about it). :P

I'm politically correct, or at the very least, aware, just not a pretentious twat about it and can most certainly enjoy the off colored side of things. Not quite good for business, or folks who get their panties in a twist about the smallest of things or imagined slights. 

Oh, and Merry Christmas. Let that one start up the fervor! Now I'm off to practice being a fermented monk for my lunch break. 

• Like 5

Oh I don't mind a back handed compliment from time to time from a complete dick (see, no kinda about it). :P

I'm politically correct, or at the very least, aware, just not a pretentious twat about it and can most certainly enjoy the off colored side of things. Not quite good for business, or folks who get their panties in a twist about the smallest of things or imagined slights. 

Oh, and Merry Christmas. Let that one start up the fervor! Now I'm off to practice being a fermented monk for my lunch break. 

Heh - I saw what you did there. In addition, you have probably shocked or slighted about 4-5 people with this post and I salute you for it. :D 

Honestly, I was not culturally aware enough to know the shoes were backwards and would have thought nothing of it. Only now that I know they are backwards it bugs me - one of those dumb brain things you just cant undo. What I think would be cool is if two of them had proper footwear and one was legitimately wearing them backwards - like with the thongs somehow wrapped around the back of his heel. Then it would look intentional - all it looks like now is a mistake. What bugs me a lot more is going to be figuring out how to pin them (+1 for flock tufts I guess).

I would also like to point out at this time that Aaron incorrectly asserted that they are using soulstones to be able to walk with backwards footwear. Since these models aren't actually capable of using soulstones in the game, I am now wondering if you were right in deciding to let him design your newest flagship game.

Annnnd let the games begin. ;) 

Also, Merry Christmas to you as well! :D 

Edited by SpectreEliteGaming

I could smile and wish people a good day and upset some folks, it's life and I don't miss my sleep over it.

As for the monks, likely it'll get fixed up if we can catch it in time for the last of the tooling (though I'll have to double check the packaging, might have been printed already, and not redoing that), though no promises. 

Now, good day to all. 

• Like 3

Can't ask for more than that. Simply knowing that you took it into consideration is enough for me - even if it can't be changed in time. I'd hazard a guess and say a number of other people probably feel the same way.

Bottomline line for me is - geta shoes or not - these are still some wicked looking models. So I'll stop nitpicking for now...

... until next week. :D