BoarFaux - 19 March 2016 - Bromley, London

Gitli

Warboar Games and Paradice Board Game Cafe are pleased to announce our first Malifaux tournament at our new venue on Saturday, 19th March 2015. The event will be held at our brand new store, the South East Gaming Centre (SEGC) in the centre of Bromley, Kent.

BoarFaux will be:
- 4 rounds
- 50ss
- Fixed faction
- Ranked

The full rules pack can be downloaded at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B02Z1zmZDmnGYUllRGJZZnpOWE0/view?usp=sharing 

Tickets are just £10 and can be purchased online at http://www.warboargames.co.uk/products/19th-mar-malifaux-tournament.html 

We also have a Facebook event page at https://www.facebook.com/events/811783128931147/ 

Initially we will be making 28 places available.

We learned a lot from our last event, CroFaux 2 and i would like to say a huge thank you to everyone who attended and everyone who gave us constructive feedback. We have taken it all on board and have worked really hard to overcome as many of the points for improvement as possible to make this event an even bigger success. 

Please come back to me with any queries and I'll be happy to help. 

John

Edited by Gitli
  • Like 2

Ideally we'd start earlier but the venue only opens at 10am I'm afraid. We have 15 mins between game 1&2 and 3&4 to allow for scores to be put in and people to have toilet breaks etc. Plus with lunch being only 30mins I think we'd struggle to save much time without making the games less than 2 hours, which I'm not that comfortable doing or losing the 4th game. 

It was a big call when designing the programme whether I went for 3 or 4 rounds. Certainly from a TO perspective 3 rounds would be easier but I feel that 4 rounds offers better value for money and a full day of gaming. It's a really tough call to decide what is best but unless there is a large portion of the community who can't attend because of the finish times I think I should keep on as it is. 

I do do understand your frustration though and am sorry that this will prevent you from attending this event. I will be running further events in 2016 which, I'm sure, will involve some being 3 rounds and hope that you will be able attend one of those as we'd really like to see you at Warboar and Paradice.

John

Booked up 2 tickets for myself and a fellow Norwich player, we'll be up at 5am to get the train down to London, so please excuse our Mindless Zombie-like appearance on the day!

Probably going to play Gremlins, Ulix is looking likely, what with this being Boarfaux and all!

Now that's commitment! Love the appropriate Boar synergy too! It'll be great to see you both there!