M2e Colette

LulleK

I am not saying this is a good crew, by any stretch, but this is what I intend to try when I get around to it:

Arcanists
50ss Crew

Colette Du Bois -- 2ss
 +Cabaret Choreography - 2ss
 +Practiced Production - 1ss
 +Shell Game - 1ss

Mechanical Dove - 2ss

Cassandra - 8ss
 +Smoke And Mirrors - 1ss

Envy - 8ss

Hans - 9ss

Oxfordian Mage - 6ss
 +Nemisis Ward - 0ss

Oxfordian Mage - 6ss
 +Blood Ward - 0ss

Oxfordian Mage - 6ss
 +Doom Ward - 0ss

I've thought about swapping either Envy and/or Cassandra for a December Acolyte (I mean, they are just so good), but well have to see.  I've also been looking at the possibility of fitting in Anna Lovelace, to try to screen my gunline a bit.

11 minutes ago, LeperColony said:

I personally would never run a spam list like that because I don't like them.  But it might work, though getting LoS on enough targets to justify building your entire list around that many shots and nothing else is questionable. 

i would never play that too, but I would also never play a guild gunline... But there are people doing this. Maybe someone is playing this list also!?

it depends on the map but with some strategies I think it works well (turf war!?)

I like cabaret choreography.. And with this and the union miner I think some crazy things could be done.

but that's OT... ?

2 hours ago, Rautenfreund said:

what about Colette and 7 silent ones? The SO drop a marker at 0 cost... Shoot twice... Cabaret choreography...shoot again....getting the right trigger let's you shoot 4 times with a silent one..;)

Since they all have to stay with in 8 inches of Collette to use the zero action interact, and really they need to stay forward of Colette to maximize shooting potential, I am not sure you could have all 7 Silent Ones drop scheme markers. The 4 inch rule still applies. Seems like any formation that allows all 7 SO to drop scheme markers would guarantee several would not have viable targets. 

I would think that a better designed list along this strategy would only have 4 Silent Ones with the rest of the points put into models for pursuing Schemes (or condition removal or other necessities). Trading 2 AP from Colette for 4 AP on the Silent Ones stills seems worth it and the models would not be tripping on each other.

It would still be strat dependent (terrible at Headhunter for example).

1 hour ago, Rurouni Benshin said:

Hans seems a bit out of place here... Is there a reason why you wanted to try him specifically?

The real reason, reason is that I like his model.

But, Envy can have him Focus for just a card, and Hans has a bunch of nice triggers.  :ram and his no randomizing could be nice for when people get into melee, :crow for spreading slow.  And if Colette prompts him, it allows him to redeploy which is one of his biggest issues.

In the end, he may not be a good idea, but like Anna Loveleace, it's something I'm interested in trying at some point.

I think Hans' non-randomising nature is decent because normally a gun line is inevitably in trouble when your opponent gets there. I still don't like gun lines (they're so one dimensional that they're fairly straight forward to devise counter strategies to, and haven't got a whole lot of options themselves), especially as in my opinion Colette is better off with a generalist crew simply because she can get 3 extra AP from virtually perfect positioning out of exactly what the situation calls for at that moment.

Gun lines with no extra tricks like the focus shenanigans Lucius can get up to are also really vulnerable to crews taking advantage of cover. Even with the possibility of 3 extra focus from prompt, I just don't see a whole lot of situations where I wouldn't be glad I brought a big old hammer instead of yet another gun.

But at least Colette still has a prompt target when everyone is engaged (except Hans, that is).

I'm not sold on the need for 3 Oxfordian Mages. Sure, they can get some neat triggers from seeing each other. But that's also 18 stones of models with little utility in close combat and 5 wounds. Almost anything can smack down 5 wounds on a charge. Imagine a war pig loose in the middle of your crew, especially as it's trying to stick together for better prompting. And the mages have nobody to benefit from their Runes either. At the very least, I'd take Joss with Warding Runes or something.

Generally I'd say one mage with the upgrade that gives him inbuilt tomes is plenty. Support him with a Dove and then get 5-6 AP out of that positive to casting to really dent something.

34 minutes ago, Rurouni Benshin said:

Even so, 10 :aura is a long distance.  Regeneration +1 would be enough of a reason for me to try to get the upgrade on her.  And who doesn't like Counterspell? :)

10 inches and LoS, which is far from granted for such a nimble model.

I suppose it would depend on Strats/Schemes as well.  In my games with Collette, I've never strayed very far from her.  In games like Turf War and Reconnoiter where my models are relatively close to each other, I've yet to have a problem with keeping them within LOS and reasonable distance from one another, but then I've also never used Oxfordian Mages with Collette either.  I find she's at her best when she's with her crew box and the Coryphees. 

11 hours ago, Luca 2.0 said:

the big problem is that a gun line made by colette don't ignore cover!!! In which way do you think to fix this problem, in my opinion cover can break your plans. Don't understimate this!

Being able to push both your own and enemy models should help a little with cover even if pushes aren't nearly as effective as lures (depending on how your terrain is defined).

it's true but a wall or most of terrains just block your push. I mean accoyte can't drag in most case and not always u can move in  way in which u can shoot with out cover. I have some doubt about gun line. If someone can explain me how u gonna build this crew and which scheme you will take i could understand!

5 minutes ago, Luca 2.0 said:

it's true but a wall or most of terrains just block your push. I mean accoyte can't drag in most case and not always u can move in  way in which u can shoot with out cover. I have some doubt about gun line. If someone can explain me how u gonna build this crew and which scheme you will take i could understand!

Define linear obstacles as severe terrain instead of climbsble boxes so that you can push through then does a lot.

That said I also consider shooting (with the :ranged symbol) very weak, perhaps even too weak at the moment. There is a lot of terrain and a lot of special abilities that really shuts down shooting but not as many ways to prevent melee against you.

18 minutes ago, Luca 2.0 said:

understood but in  a tournament i can't say to my opponent don't use  climbsble boxes or walls, so i can drag you. Of course in a game with a friend it's different!

Introduce the concept in friendly games and see if people like it. That's the only way to spread it. But yeah, if you go outside of your local club you might run into trouble. Spam these forums about your preferred method to try and change the worldwide praxis ;) 

While you shouldn't be trying to win the game during the define terrain phase at a tournament, you certainly shouldn't be losing it there either. I've lost games by agreeing unfavorable terrain rules with opponents.  The board should produce a balanced field of play for both players, and lets face it some boards at local events are often a little impractical.  So I've often agreed quite abstract sets of terrain rules.

I once played a game with the walls of a key building being blocking but not impassible, so we could just walk but not see through the walls, simply because it was more practical than playing it normally.

Have an open discussion with your opponent about how to play the terrain.  I'm certainly not at all a fan of the 'everything is climbable' some players seem to think is the default position for terrain.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎.‎1‎.‎2016 at 10:53 PM, LeperColony said:

I personally would never run a spam list like that because I don't like them.  But it might work, though getting LoS on enough targets to justify building your entire list around that many shots and nothing else is questionable. 

They can shoot from one another and there's no gun icon, so they are somewhat more solid on that front than normal. Not saying that it is a good idea but just that Silent Ones bypass many of the problems normally associated with gunlines.

Practiced Production is my favorite. Being able to fly a dove to a far corner of the board and just stack markers all over is amazing.  Turns almost any marker based scheme into child's play, though it does pose a risk as well. If your opponent gets to them, you lose a few turns of work.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, farabaugh100 said:

What upgrades do people prefer and in what situation would you take the upgrades?

Cabaret Coreography for dove summoning (on-demand activation control and buffing? I'll have some of that thanks!). In some situations, All together now can be fantastically powerful but that's not why I take the upgrade.

The one that gives her the surge trigger (forgot the name)

Arcane Reservoir because it's just so nice to have a 7-card hand. And then draw lots of extra cards from prompt.

Practised production (but not on Colette - she has too many good upgrades).

• Like 2