M2e Colette

LulleK

I think Colette can be very powerful in Reckoning because she can get the model in the best position do od maximum damage, or reposition a model to do so. I think two hitters will do. What I love about the Coryphee is that they can be repositoned endlessly without much effort from one side of the board to the other, either via dance partner or Disappearing act. I'd be interested to see if you can get away with just running the duet and Cassandra, and perhaps Langston for some extra hitting power and cover on demand.

I can definitely see the condition removal being useful, and against Rezers I'd always take him but in general I personally think he is too e sided as a default member of your crew.

If you are just after condition removal, the arcane effigy (which can be repositioned with disappearing act) may be a better choice. But I can see Johan working quite well too, his prompted condition removal could be very powerful. In the end I think both are pretty good options really. 

Overall I feel like a duet instead of Joss might make for a more imteresting game, but the more I think about your crew the more I like it. Any changes would probably be due to personal preference rather than anything else.

Depending on schemes, Joss should be ditched for something that can accomplish them more easily if needs be.

• Like 1

Any time you surround Colette with quality, you're giving yourself options, and that's always useful.  Still, I personally would think about replacing Joss and using the resulting budgetary space to gain some utility. 

This will be somewhat ironic since I was just arguing they aren't that useful, but in your list an Ice Dancer may be nice.  They can throw two Scheme Markers, and your low model count and lack of showgirls will put you a little behind on scheme running relative to most Colette crews. 

I don't think I've ever used a Colette crew without all show girls. Not that you can't, but I'm not very good with her yet and I have yet to see a reason not to take full advantage of her showgirl abilities. There are soo many good ones, that it's easy to make a 50ss list with all Showgirls. 

On 2015. 12. 14. at 4:03 AM, Sordid Strumpet said:

Depending on schemes, Joss should be ditched for something that can accomplish them more easily if needs be.

On 2015. 12. 14. at 6:01 AM, LeperColony said:

Any time you surround Colette with quality, you're giving yourself options, and that's always useful.  Still, I personally would think about replacing Joss and using the resulting budgetary space to gain some utility.

Thanks for all the useful tips guys. I've considered your advices and I really liked "utility over armour" approach, so I've made some changes in my list. I fielded the following for Reckoning, Head Hunter and Collect the Bounty alike:

Colette (5SS)
- Arcane Reservoir
- Cabaret Coreography
- Shell Game
Cassandra
- Practiced Production
Howard Langston
- Imbued Energies
Johan
- Imbued Energies
December Acolyte
Performer

The first match (Reckoning with Spring the Trap and Protect Territory) I had to fight Zoraida, Nekima, Killjoy and the Doppleganger-Iggy-whatever support team. I think my list went pretty allright. I traded Howard for Killjoy in the very first turn, then I made another transaction (Cassie for Nekima) and I felt the game was going okay. Unfortunately, we were a bit slow and chatty, so the match was terminated after 4 turns. Had we enough time, I had Colette in a perfect position to score 3 points from Protect Territory; therefore I lost 3-4, but if we were able to begin turn 5, it would have been a simple 6-4 victory for Colette. Oh well.

The second game (Head Hunter with Arcane Ritual and Plant Evidence) was McMourning and his poison madness, which Colette, to my surprise, handled with ease: I won 10-2 after 6 turns, and practically tabled my opponent. Colette + Johan + Cassandra made an incredibly potent mechanism to take care of malicious effects, so I was able to capitalize on my speed and "scheminess".

The third match (Collect the Bounty with Plant Explosives and Entourage) was an odd one. My opponent played Pandora with a strong combination of the Neverborn Emissary, Widow Weaver, Lilitiu, the Poltergeist, a Doppleganger and multiple Changelings. It was a great tactical struggle and I won 6-4 after we both made a game-changing mistake, and luckily his mistake was 30 minutes after mine. All in all, I've taken the 3rd place of the tournament.

Short conclusion:
- Speed and utility seem to be the mainspring of this crew, so I don't even consider to field Joss with Colette anymore.
- Howard is a very-very good model, but I had a constant feeling that a pair of Coryphees would have done better in a crew led by Colette. Same goes for Killjoy. Further testing required.
- Johan with prompted condition removal and the prompted relic hammer is a terribly good piece. In my other crews, he always seems to under-perform because of the confusion of his role of a beater and a support piece (thx Sordid Strumpet); with Colette, that's no problem at all.
- Colette is not 100% about showgirls, but she's still 80% about showgirls. Same goes for SS and upgrades: she can do without, but man how does she shine with 'em.

Thank you for your input, this is the most excellent and awesome forum ever :)

• Like 2

Good to hear you had a good time and good results with Colette :) She's fast becoming my favourite master.

It's also a good thing you didn't have Joss playing against Zoraida becuase an enemy with obey or obey-like abilities turns Joss into a huge liability because Colette can be obeyed to prompt Joss to smack her - or if Joss is close enough, he can whack Colette and she doesn't get her defensive triggers.

I'm surprised you struggled with protect territory and spring the trap in your first game, I always have a massive number or scheme markers down from turn 1 onwards. It can be useful to put the mask trigger on disappearing act to score protect territory exactly when you want to as soon as last turn or last activation is called. It can also be absolutely fantastic for breakthrough scoring because combined with practised production you can virtually score those two instantaneously in a single turn.

I think yiu were way better off with Howard against McMourning as that guy does in Coryphee like nobody's business - he ignores armour himself and can hand that ability around. Combined with poison-fuelled mobility, Coryphee would have to be played very carefully. I just straigt up avoid them VS Rezers because there are just too many things that can do a number on them (Seamus, McMourning, Punk Zombies, Student of Steel just tonname a few) and Rezers usually have the ability to summon exactly what they need to kill them.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sordid Strumpet said:

I'm surprised you struggled with protect territory and spring the trap in your first game

Well I didn't struggle at all, I just failed to watch the clock :) I scored from Spring the Trap and made into a position to be able to score 3 VPs from Protect Territory next turn when the organizer called for terminating the games. It was my ignorance of time management, the crew itself performed okay. 

29 minutes ago, Sordid Strumpet said:

I think yiu were way better off with Howard against McMourning as that guy does in Coryphee like nobody's business - he ignores armour himself and can hand that ability around. Combined with poison-fuelled mobility, Coryphee would have to be played very carefully.

Dunno, I always try to attack McM's Wp and slow him down while hunting down his minions. I don't care if he wins Reckoning 2-0 or even 4-0 while I win schemes 6-2 or 6-0. This time I successfully made cold meat of the doctor, but usually I don't even bother to try and damage him.

22 hours ago, Rurouni Benshin said:

If I'm playing as Arcanist against Ressers, my "go to" is usually Mei Feng, and that's irregardless of strategy and schemes.  Depending on the mission, I usually build the crew around her at that point.

Because of Kang?

That's more about "playing the player" than "playing the mission" though.  Most of the time, Mei Feng will do well against Ressers, so at that point, do you er on the side of caution and use a Master performs well against another Factions majority, or do you bring something else?  Kang with the "Hard Worker" upgrade is just 1 of the few tools Mei Feng has access to against Ressers.  If one were to make a crew solely for the purpose of fighting Undead (or any models with HtW), and end up getting pitched against a crew with no Undead, despite them being Ressers, that's just poor planning.  A balanced crew will be able to face the "expect challenges", and have enough conditional exceptions to compensate against unknown factors.

10 hours ago, katadder said:

which works until your opponents finally realise this at multiple tourneys and bring a kirai/molly spirit list that kang has no effect on (as spirits are not actually undead)

admittedly hes still kang and rocks but its something to look at

Spirit and Undead isn't exclusive; Lost Love, Datsue Ba, Shikome, Hanged, Izamu, Drowned and Philip all have both characteristics. Most of them are staples for those crews and especially Kirai love for her spirits to be both because of Malevolence.

Just to give you my idea of a Colette List, which is more of an unusual playstyle I think. But l love to brain out lists, only a few would expect. :)

We are running a Campaign at the moment and I took Cassandra as Henchman to add Colette later on. What I run is a list with a Mannequin, two performers, two Union Miners and Willie. Placing a lot of Scheme Markers, lureing the enemy into the "Minefield" and blasting them out of the way. Furthermore I spam the board with scheme Markers, so all marker heavy schemes are easily fulfilled. Reckoning and Turf War are both excellent for this list. Also is squatters right. As you can control three of the five markers.

this is a lot of fun and I think no one would expect such a Colette List.

my two cents

raute

3 hours ago, Rautenfreund said:

Just to give you my idea of a Colette List, which is more of an unusual playstyle I think. But l love to brain out lists, only a few would expect. :)

We are running a Campaign at the moment and I took Cassandra as Henchman to add Colette later on. What I run is a list with a Mannequin, two performers, two Union Miners and Willie. Placing a lot of Scheme Markers, lureing the enemy into the "Minefield" and blasting them out of the way. Furthermore I spam the board with scheme Markers, so all marker heavy schemes are easily fulfilled. Reckoning and Turf War are both excellent for this list. Also is squatters right. As you can control three of the five markers.

this is a lot of fun and I think no one would expect such a Colette List.

my two cents

raute

What do you do when you really need to kill something? Say a Killjoy or a Teddy or a flesh comstruct, even a punk zombie pops up? Two damage here and there from explosions are nice, but won't prevent them shredding your crew.

8 hours ago, Sordid Strumpet said:

What do you do when you really need to kill something? Say a Killjoy or a Teddy or a flesh comstruct, even a punk zombie pops up? Two damage here and there from explosions are nice, but won't prevent them shredding your crew.

don't underrate the power of 2 damage every move for everyone in 3". If you deploy your perfomer well you are able to lure the enemy from one side to the other and vice versa. But you are right: Against an elite crew this kind of crew is not going to win anything....but it is still a lot of fun. In a 50 SS Crew I would get Mech-Rider in. Maybe Howard.

and it's not always about shredding someone. It's about getting VP. And this Crew does some schemes in a manner that no other crew is able to....

On 12/22/2015 at 4:26 PM, Sordid Strumpet said:

It's also a good thing you didn't have Joss playing against Zoraida becuase an enemy with obey or obey-like abilities turns Joss into a huge liability because Colette can be obeyed to prompt Joss to smack her - or if Joss is close enough, he can whack Colette and she doesn't get her defensive triggers.

Just a quick note: you can't Obey a leader. Zoraida is a lot like Colette in that she herself can't do jack to an enemy master (voodoo doll can't affect leaders either).

So just as a recap non showgirls people have suggested:

Howard Langston

Joss 

Mechanical Rider

December Acolytes 

Silent Ones

Willie

Union Miner

Ice Dancer(I guess she is a showgirl but people may forget about her because she is new)

Envy

I'm new to Colette and the faction in general so I'm trying to figure out what modle to use when.  Also what do people prefer to summon with the Rider after the changes to the Metal Gamin?

Mannequins are honestly not a great summon as they will come in on one wound, and will fall to absolutely anything at all. A good opponent will figure out a way to get it without it costing him any AP.

I still summon metal gamin, counter to what's been said they are still fantastic scheme runners. Summon them somewhere for breakthrough or protect territory, drop a marker and go defensive 2. Your opponent will need to spend at least two AP walking over and then normally 3 more AP to get the model dead. In a pinch, summon then heal with a silent one, but their heal is usually spent better elsewhere.

2 hours ago, farabaugh100 said:

So just as a recap non showgirls people have suggested:

Howard Langston

Joss 

Mechanical Rider

December Acolytes 

Silent Ones

Willie

Union Miner

Ice Dancer(I guess she is a showgirl but people may forget about her because she is new)

Envy

I'm new to Colette and the faction in general so I'm trying to figure out what modle to use when.  Also what do people prefer to summon with the Rider after the changes to the Metal Gamin?

Prompted gun smiths are great too, as you can use their switch chambers to get the trigger you need and then use it up to 6 times. Seduce their master with a performer, then hit them for a minimum of 10 damage they can't prevent.

Large Arachnids are good because they can gobble up a scheme marker of whichi you have heaps and then get free focus.

Malifaux raptors are great if you want to use your mechanical doves for buffing rather than with practised production.

Arcane Effigy can really spoil McMourning's or Lynch's day when prompted.

A prompted Fire Starter is simply rude, especially if Cassandra copies his gas can twirling for him, but he's much better off in a Kaeris crew.