Under the Hanging Tree (The Faux from Grace). March 12th woking

Red?

On 6 March 2016 at 10:43 PM, Red? said:

Just a heads up for everyone, Under the hanging tree has been limited to a 22 man.

Is this space or boards/Terrain? I can bring a complete set: mat, terrain and board for two more players, and a mat and another set of unpainted terrain if you have a spare surface?

On 3/8/2016 at 8:23 PM, James_H said:

Hi could I be put down on the reserves list please. I can now make this.

James Henley

James This is Ian the store Manager. We have had 1 person Drop so calling you in off Reserve if you are still able and wanting to play tomorrow???

Many thanks to Rory, Ben, Jamie and Connor for 4 great games. Also to Red? who was a fab TO. A well run event that made the most of its venue space. Weather spoons within 30yards and marking within 10 (£10 for the day). Would thoroughly recommend future events......!

• Like 3

Thanks to red for running a good event, sorry to hear about a slightly always end to one of the games but otherwise the event ran smooth with a good vibe.

Thanks to Oscar, Ross, Jamie and Mark for 4 good game and gentlemanly conduct. 

Venue was great, clearly at capacity but that was no issue as wasn't cramped. Near parking (decent price as Mark mentioned) 5 min walk from the station and lots of food/drink within mins.

• Like 1

Cheers to the TOs and my opponents.

Good day out.

Nice selection of terrain, if admittedly some table set ups weren't great for Malifaux (easy fix tbh), a little "comfy" but a lovely shop; good people, good location (parking, train, food as others have said).

Nice looking trophies and impressive prize support.

Only cons, negatives, whatever are very minor and easy fixes.

The terrain thing, basically not even an issue maybe 2/11 tables needed a tweak.

Downstairs was cold, not a real issue once bodies are in and a heads up is given.

Basically I'm grasping at straws everything was good.

Personally the only other thing was the tournament system, I know a lot of people are using it as it's there and simple but I'm not sure it's the best. Understand there may be different settings etc so might be a super simple fix, the "personal" bit is I like Table 1 to mean something. Winners go up and losers (that's a terrible word to use) go down.

Again grasping at straws but I know I like to pick up any advice I can after events even if it's minor.

Thanks again.