Lost Love 4 - Wayland - Feb 7th 2016

Clousseau

Hello, a friend of mine who just got into malifaux (not on the forums) is planning on joining me at this event. Does anyone know how strict the painting restrictions are likely to be?  I have only been to one M2E tournament and that was a while ago, so I have little to go on for the etiquette around painting.  My friend is likely to have an unpainted crew, but will need to start practising with one of my painted ones if he can't use it!

2 hours ago, Kisho said:

Hello, a friend of mine who just got into malifaux (not on the forums) is planning on joining me at this event. Does anyone know how strict the painting restrictions are likely to be?  I have only been to one M2E tournament and that was a while ago, so I have little to go on for the etiquette around painting.  My friend is likely to have an unpainted crew, but will need to start practising with one of my painted ones if he can't use it!

I'm not strict about painting, especially at these starter events. Models must be fully assembled though, and preferably undercoated.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SurreyLee said:

Hi Dave is there a limit on places? Also, any idea of a rules pack...start time etc etc. thinking of heading over with Sam Wray and John Burgess.....cheers in advance, Lee.

No limit on places. Rules pack link and other details are all shown in the first post. Be good to see you and your fellow players for a warm welcome as usual.

I'll be updating the entry list later this week when I get feedback from Dan at Wayland.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Clousseau said:

No limit on places. Rules pack link and other details are all shown in the first post. Be good to see you and your fellow players for a warm welcome as usual.

I'll be updating the entry list later this week when I get feedback from Dan at Wayland.

thanks Dave, totally didn't look. Tried to purchase tickets this morning but Wayland seem to have issues with their site. Will try again laters.

1 hour ago, Gitli said:

Just wanted to check whether strategies and/or schemes will be announced on the day or before?

I'll be coming to this one. Will buy my ticket at the end of the month when I get paid. Money is too tight after Christmas. 

I'll be following GG16, when it gets published, so Strategies will be as that, but schemes will be annonced on the day.

• Like 1

On 11 January 2016 at 11:15 PM, Clousseau said:

I'll be following GG16, when it gets published, so Strategies will be as that, but schemes will be annonced on the day.

Does that mean it will follow the strategies rotation as printed or it'll still be random strategies?

Can you confirm what we have to put in the pools and what we don't please? 

Do summoned models and upgrades need to go in the pools? And do you pay mercenary tax adding models to pools or only when hiring at the start of the game?

Sorry David, but the last pool event messed it all around and now I can't remember what goes where...

8 minutes ago, PanzerHarris said:

Can you confirm what we have to put in the pools and what we don't please? 

Do summoned models and upgrades need to go in the pools? And do you pay mercenary tax adding models to pools or only when hiring at the start of the game?

Sorry David, but the last pool event messed it all around and now I can't remember what goes where...

Pool needs to include everything with which you need to start a game i.e. models and upgrades (in multiple matching the numbers in the pool). Mercenary tax payable at time of hiring. Master is free! Summon what you like (within the rules).

You don't include any other models you own.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PanzerHarris said:

Thanks David! So I don't need to declare Guild, Gremlins, Outcasts and Neverborn then. Gotcha. :P 

Do have one more though. Upgrades attached during games, like Shen Long switching styles or Ophelia attaching her upgrades. Pool or not pool?

Simply put, anything that counts towards the points limit for a game must be in the pool.

• Like 1