Tournafaux - Tournament manager. Web-based, available offline!

egoon

Tournafaux (http://tournafaux.egoon.se) is a web based tool for managing tournaments. And it's stored in your browser once you have loaded it once, for offline availability.

The app is meant to be light, and some features are still a little wonky (the overhead view, for example)

I update the app sporadically when I feel like it, but try to launch new versions on week days.

If you have any feedback please provide it here.

Thanks!

• Like 8

Just given it a quick whirl (ran an imaginary event in 10 minutes), and it seems to work well, Currently I use Excel, but I might give it a go at my next tournament.

Do the first round match-ups avoid same club/faction?

Is it possible to produce a 'best in faction' table?

Link to send off the results is a nice touch.

Thanks for your excellent efforts.

Do the first round match-ups avoid same club/faction

Yes. That is the intention. 

Is it possible to produce a 'best in faction' table?

Yes, it's a feature I've been considering. I was planning to add it as a column in the final results table. I'm currently working on another feature right now, but hopefully I'll get to it soon.

Thanks for your excellent efforts.

You are very welcome. And I do appreciate the feedback and feature requests!

Looking very good, played around with it a bit. Couldn't find anything wrong with it :) Just thinking I would be dead scared to accidentily close the window during the tournament, though.

Will look into it more closely and try to replicate my last tournament, see if all the calcs and stuff turn out the same as my own.

Thanks for making this, I feel a simple interface for simple tournaments is something I could very well use. Made my own Excel sheet now, but that was kinda complicated.

Looking very good, played around with it a bit. Couldn't find anything wrong with it :) Just thinking I would be dead scared to accidentily close the window during the tournament, though.

All data you enter is stored in the browser. So even of you close the window it will all be there if you reopen it. Unless you run in 'private' mode, or clean your browsing data.

Will look into it more closely and try to replicate my last tournament, see if all the calcs and stuff turn out the same as my own.

Excellent! Let me know how it turns out. Sometimes my matching algorithm may seem a bit odd, especially in small tournaments, but that is because it is designed to guarantee that no one gets a rematch. I'm thinking about rewriting it. Again...

When I select the first opponents and then generate round 1, the site makes its own pairings. This means I cannot simulate the previous tournament as the match-ups are wrong.

Also, for ease of entry the faction info could be a dropdown listbox.

Edited by ttsgosadow

When I select the first opponents and then generate round 1, the site makes its own pairings. This means I cannot simulate the previous tournament as the match-ups are wrong.

You could try using the grudge match feature to get initial pairings correct, but that feature is known to be glitchy (I'm considering removing it it until I can find inspiration to rewrite it)

Also, for ease of entry the faction info could be a dropdown listbox.

True, but that would not work for Single Master tournaments, or any number of matchings I cant think of right now, and possibly for use with other games. Even though some special options are written for Malifaux, I believe you could use the app for pretty much any game that uses a swiss system.

Edited by egoon
  • Like 1

I've added autocomplete functions to faction and city. It uses the html5 autocomplete feature, so it will not work in all browsers (IE 8-, Safari...)

The city autocomplete is a bit odd, since I did not want to use the geolocation API. If you type a city (and spell it correct), the app tries to find a country where that city exists, and the autocompletes cities for that country for the rest of the players.

I have added lists for Sweden and UK only so far. If you are missing a country, or some cities in your country send me a PM with a country name, and a list of cities, and I'll add them.

Cheers!

Glad you like it!

Yes it was supposed to be a mail to the UK rankings, but since I'm not part of the UK scene, I was not aware of a transition. I'm pretty sure it was correct once. What is the correct email adress? Do you know if there are rankings for other countries?

Wanna program that up for us to?

Heh. It might be fun, but I'm not sure I've got the time for another project. Maybe... (probably not). Have you tried Potentially Lethal? (See signature three posts up)

Cuz Tournafaux is amazing and I use it for all my tourneys!  I will buy you a beer when I go to Stockholm.

Love to hear it! I'll try to get an international tournament going in Stockholm, so I can hold you to that =)

Edited by egoon

I've been using this for the last tournaments I've run (10 person and 24 person). Works great. With Chromecast, we were able to show the pairings on the big screen in the FLGS. The only problem I had last time, was when I had to remove a player after pairings were generated for Round 1 LOL

I plan to use it again tomorrow! :)

Thank you for your work! Very much appreciated.
- Joel

• Like 1

The only problem I had last time, was when I had to remove a player after pairings were generated for Round 1

Yeah, I've had some inconsistency issues when removing players after the round has been generated. How would you like it to work? I've had some ideas, but I'm not quite sold on any of them =/

The only problem I had last time, was when I had to remove a player after pairings were generated for Round 1

Yeah, I've had some inconsistency issues when removing players after the round has been generated. How would you like it to work? I've had some ideas, but I'm not quite sold on any of them =/

Is it possible to add an override button or a drop down menu to change or remove a player in the Round # page?  Similar to the Settings page where you are allowed to choose opponents? I doubt that scenario happens often,  I think the T. O.  can be responsible to make sure everything is good before clicking on the Generate button :) 

Is it possible to add an override button or a drop down menu to change or remove a player in the Round # page?  Similar to the Settings page where you are allowed to choose opponents? I doubt that scenario happens often,  I think the T. O.  can be responsible to make sure everything is good before clicking on the Generate button :) 

There is a disqualify/forfeit option at the bottom of the round page, wich will remove the player from future rounds. That still won't rematch the removed player's opponent that round. This option was made for removing players that cheated, or had to leave after the round began.

What I meant with 'How would you like it work?', was what do you see happening to the remaining players in the round. Someone was probably matched against the player you removed... I suppose matching against the bye/ringer would do. Or let him/her play against the person who was matched with the bye/ringer. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Can you add a tab for a timer? I've been using your tracker and been able to display (Chromecast) pairings/standings on a large screen in the game store. I've also been displaying a timer (minutes remaining for the round). It would be "nice to have"  though not necessary to include a "timer", so I don't have to switch browser tabs and recast.  Thanks for all your efforts! 

• 4 weeks later...

The one thing stopping me from using the tool is that I do on occasion need to shuffle players in round 2 or later, and once the draws get made there's no way to do that (or if there is, I can't find it!).

Is that something on the list to be added in at all please?

Unlike a lot of TOs one of my 'sorts' is by club, so if there are 4 players on the same scores and 2 are in the same club then I'll keep the clubmates apart. Last round, you get what you're given, but if you've just driven for many hours to get to an event with your friend you don't want to have to play a game that you could have played at home...