November 23rd - Aionus

Lucidicide

He is very costly and has no other defenses than Df6 and those 12 Wounds plus SS prevention (well, and that Ca damage halving, but that isn't likely to be too huge an obstacle except maybe in some very specialized Rasputina crews and such).

I agree with you Math that his balancing point is his cost though vehemently disagree that he is somehow easy to kill. What you have listed isn't exactly fragile. His Df 6 is on par with most of the attack values, so even flips most times in opposed duels. 12 Wounds is top tier for most models in the game so again a player is going to have to devote some effort to kill him. Access to SS is also a pretty significant thing given all the things he can do with them. The Ca halving is basically further icing on an already beautiful cake.

I didn't mean to imply that he is somehow super-squishy or trivial to kill. Just that if you set your mind to it, he can be dealt with and easier at that than some other really high-costed models. But I agree that it will take effort.

I took "Aion" to be a variant of "aeon," which would lead to a pronunciation like "Ee-own-us." (Of course, I pronounce the second "e" in "Leveticus," rather than calling him "Leveticus," so I'm possibly a dirty hypocrite. In any case, I wouldn't blink at "Aye-own-us," either.)

Edit: Ha ha ha, autocorrect changes Leveticus to Wyrd's spelling. There's two "i," one "e" in the biblical spelling.

Edited by Mewens
  • Like 2

Bottom line for me is that the only PVC goods I've liked so far are the CMoN base system so I'm keeping my expectations low for this one and hope to be pleasently surprised.

And yes - I am a sucker and bought this thing for Black Friday. ;)

-------

I'm still waiting for Levy's real name to be revealed - Leveticus seems like an alias. Much like I'm waiting for Von Schtook to come in as a new master and for Marcus to become dual faction arcan-resser.

Just thought I'd slip all that other random good stuff in while I was at it. ;)

Edited by SpectreEliteGaming
  • Like 1

In Latin it would indeed be pronounced "I own us."

Are you sure? Latin pronounciation is a bitch due to it not being an actively spoken language, but I was pretty sure "o" was probounced like "aw", not "oh" in English... I'll check with my brother who's got a Master on Latin later...

In Latin it would indeed be pronounced "I own us."

Are you sure? Latin pronounciation is a bitch due to it not being an actively spoken language, but I was pretty sure "o" was probounced like "aw", not "oh" in English... I'll check with my brother who's got a Master on Latin later...

When people talk about Latin pronunciation, it's really important to specify what era's pronunciation they mean.  Medieval pronunciation for Latin isn't the same as Classical Roman pronunciation, for example.

But Langenscheidt's pocket reference doesn't specify ai as a diphthong, so I'm not sure what Hateful's reference is.  I assume the intent is "Aionus is supposed to be Aeonus, and the proper pronunciation for that would be ..."

Edited by solkan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2015/12/22 at 11:37 AM, daniello_s said:

Got unusual question - what are clocks dimension at the bottom of it (basically the part which is going to be attached to the base)? 

I want to check if it fits on my scenic base.

thanks

18mm by 12mm.  (It's slightly irregular, so one side is 17mm wide and the front side is 18mm wide).

Edit:  On an unrelated note, I think my brother's Aionus came with one of the transparent yellow plastic bases that managed to somehow escape his packaging.