November 16th - Black Friday

Lucidicide

I would imagine the logistics of doing this exact promotion through their normal distrubution network are hugely unfeasable. And more expensive for them, as they have paid shipping for my free miniatures from spending x money in a month.

There is an easy enough fix for this that companies have utilized for decades, include a shipping and handling cost for the "free" stuff. This keeps money in the LGS (which typically operate on a shoestring profit margin anyway), gives Wyrd their piece of the pie (through distributor sales), and doesn't require Wyrd to pay for the shipping of "free" product (used to motivate consumers to purchase).

Honestly, I see the offering of all these "limited" products (which are predominantly just different materials injected thru the same existing molds) as extremely discouraging for the game and community. More so since these are direct sale only items. A LGS can't compete with these products at all, more so since they are the exact same price as the normal versions that they offer (minus the shipping cost, which is largely offset if you purchase enough to qualify for the free stuff as well). Aside from the ardent "take my money now" fan boy or "collector" once a crew box is purchased (regardless of color/ materiel flavor) there isn't a strong impulse to repurchase the same product twice (especially since I can show off my "connoisseur" or "elite" status by playing with the "limited" stuff).

Having helped build a few communities over the years, I have talked with more than a few LGS owners that are extremely gun shy about stocking Wyrd products because of things like this. Many of them with existing stock of metal crew boxes that dont move even when deeply discounted. Unfortunately this is a niche market with a very long memory.

• Like 3

I would imagine the logistics of doing this exact promotion through their normal distrubution network are hugely unfeasable. And more expensive for them, as they have paid shipping for my free miniatures from spending x money in a month.

A LGS can't compete with these products at all, more so since they are the exact same price as the normal versions that they offer (minus the shipping cost, which is largely offset if you purchase enough to qualify for the free stuff as well). A

The colored ones do tend to be slightly more expensive than the normal versions.

Problem is like that it is basically only available in the US. What I am supposed to do on the other side of the ocean. If I order enough alone I pay 19% taxes plus shipping...I can buy  1 1/2 crewboxes for that ...which is than more or less the price of the promos...and I can not support my Local store. 

If the stuff goes at least to the distributors too I could at least get the awesome looking new Outcast later :/ 

This seems actually directed at the american customer base only, which is a bit dissapointing ;/

• Like 2

If the stuff goes at least to the distributors too I could at least get the awesome looking new Outcast later :/ 

As noted in the newsletter, you can still get the awesome looking new Outcast later:

"Aionus will receive a general release and is tournament legal with his own unique rules, which will be included in a future Malifaux book; we are just releasing him early to celebrate our birthday!"

As noted in the newsletter, you can still get the awesome looking new Outcast later:

"Aionus will receive a general release and is tournament legal with his own unique rules, which will be included in a future Malifaux book; we are just releasing him early to celebrate our birthday!"

Will there be cake?

So think the October and November releases will be in the online store?

I would imagine so, since they're due out to be released anyway.  I haven't checked if the noted October releases were put on their webstore yet, but I would think they'd all be inclusive.  The list that was provided was just an added bonus to their sale, if I'm understanding it correctly.

*sigh*... I was really hoping that the regular set of the Dark Carnival would be available for this sale.  Not that I mind the translucent, but for $100...?  Sorry... Hopefully Wyrd will reconsider this and put both back on the sale list.

Regular dark carnival was $90.  Not that big of a difference. But yes an increase. 

• Like 1

*sigh*... I was really hoping that the regular set of the Dark Carnival would be available for this sale.  Not that I mind the translucent, but for $100...?  Sorry... Hopefully Wyrd will reconsider this and put both back on the sale list.

Regular dark carnival was $90.  Not that big of a difference. But yes an increase. 

Yeah, I thought the prices on eBay for Dark Carnivals were sort of wonky, until I heard that.

Which honestly, I wouldn't mind paying for a sweet alternate sculpt crew like Dark Carnival, if I was at all interested in the theme of the alternative sculpts.  Unfortunately the evil Circus doesn't quite strike me as that great, although it probably doesn't help that Arcanist are probably my least favorite faction as well.  Because I imagine if there was an alternative sculpt crew box for any of the 10T crews, I would probably be all over it :P Even if I wasn't charmed by the concept.

But I don't think those alternative kits are that crazy, because they are essentially targeted at collectors or the likes.  There is no reason for them to offer two different boxes for the same crew at the same price, that would just eat into their costs to produce extras like that, even if it sold well.