November 16th - Black Friday

Lucidicide

So, you can get all of this through your local retailer as well yes?  Including the extra figures, or is this through Wyrd directly online?

The standard releases will all be available through local retailers at some point.

The special edition miniatures - such as the extra figures or transparent sets - are only available directly through Wyrd.

• Like 1

Quickie - Brotherhood of Rat - what;s the craic with this box? It is moved again to next month (December) and I can't see it on Black Friday sale list???

I saw that..

Brotherhood of the Rat wasn't available during GenCon, so I think it doesn't appear during Black Friday sale due to its release date.

I never said that I want the models for free. I said I wanted to pay for them, directly. This sale model didn't surprise me, I just don't like it. I'm giving feedback in that regard, so it can change for the better, or whatever I see as better.

As constructive critique is always better than just complaining: Make the LE models 30 dollar, and cut 10 dollars off for every 100 dollars purchased aside from them. Still rewards big spenders, but gives veterans and incentive to purchase something as well. Just an idea.

This would also be a hell of a lot better for the Local Game Stores that will be losing out on the sales due to the price threshold for these limited editions. $300.00 in miniatures direct from Wyrd is a huge loss for brick and mortar retailers. I know more than a few stores that wont carry brands because of things like this. Seem to recall this being one of the stated reasons Wyrd started utilizing receipts from brick and mortar stores for some of the more recent model promotions.

Without the support of Local Games stores miniatures games dont tend to last very long.

Edited by Omenbringer
  • Like 7

As much as I want to I don't think I will make it to $300. A shame because I have no interest in Firestarter and would love to have Barbaros or Dufresne instead.

I am not even 100% sure I will get to $150, but I have been holding off on Wyrd purchases for awhile holding out to see what Black Friday will hold. I will probably get two of Aionus since I also would like to try taking the guy off the top to use the clock.

I know about the Gen Con and Black Friday sales, but what other "special" sales/chances for LE stuff does Wyrd usually do throughout the year? I think I'm resigned to miss out on this one, since without someone else here in Japan to combine orders with for the promos, I'm better off with retail. I'd like to not miss out on whatever the next opportunity is.

I really think it should be allowed to order through my local store and get the limiteds as well. 

I usually do not order directly, Wyrd gets their pay anyway and I want to support the place where I get to play, that guys need to feed their families too...

Wyrd does a range of promotions that are only do-able at game shops, rather than on line. Things like the "bonus models in some boxes", and "Spend $x this month to get  a free model" won't work if you order on line (even from the Wyrd store itself). 

I would imagine the logistics of doing this exact promotion through their normal distrubution network are hugely unfeasable. And more expensive for them, as they have paid shipping for my free miniatures from spending x money in a month. 

(and some of those bonus models have been previous freebies from Black friday so it may well be that there is a later chance to get them through your shop anyway)

Wyrd have occasionally done an Easter Sale which has some limited sculpts, but its not been every year. 

I think it's hard to get the stuff for anyone outside the US - shipping cost and custom VAT are just too high.

Even if I would spend more than 300$ to get all the great additional stuff I would have to pay about 100 bucks just for shipping and VAT...

True story. I wouldn't mind shipping so much, but with the amount of VAT you end up paying the promo models don't really feel so free. 

• Like 2

I think it's hard to get the stuff for anyone outside the US - shipping cost and custom VAT are just too high.

Even if I would spend more than 300$ to get all the great additional stuff I would have to pay about 100 bucks just for shipping and VAT...

True story. I wouldn't mind shipping so much, but with the amount of VAT you end up paying the promo models don't really feel so free. 

Hear, hear!

On a different note I'm glad to see efforts to speed up the whole process with shipping starting during the sale and not taking a vacation. I found that a bit odd the last time to be honest.

Am I the only one who keeps thinking anus whenever he reads Aionus. I'd probably never hear the end of it when using him in a game.

On a different note I'm glad to see efforts to speed up the whole process with shipping starting during the sale and not taking a vacation. I found that a bit odd the last time to be honest.

Just for the record, I want to reiterate what we mentioned in the newsletter: "We will not begin shipping any orders until November 30th."

Everyone here at the office and warehouse will be taking the holiday off to spend time with our friends and family, but we're going to work extra hard to get stuff sent off as quickly as possible once we come back on the 30th.

• Like 4

I always hate the idea of non-critical workers (critical being stuff like medical, LE...the stuff where you can't have a total cessation due to practical necessities) having to work intensively during holidays due to corporate profit-squeezing, so I'm glad Wyrd has their employees spending time with their families :)

• Like 4

I really think it should be allowed to order through my local store and get the limiteds as well. 

I usually do not order directly, Wyrd gets their pay anyway and I want to support the place where I get to play, that guys need to feed their families too...

The thing is, the vast majority of game stores do not deal directly with companies. They instead deal with distributors that stock those companies items, and then deliver them to stores upon request. It just is not feasible for stores to go through this process and get all the benefits from temporary releases like this.

Edited by AverageBoss
  • Like 1

The thing is, the vast majority of game stores do not deal directly with companies. They instead deal with distributors that stock those companies items, and then deliver them to stores upon request. It just is not feasible for stores to go through this process and get all the benefits from temporary releases like this.

Wyrd could just use the exact same receipt requirements they already do for LGS promotions. Spend $150 MSRP at your LGS over the specified dates and get some promo figures. It's a bit tougher for the nightmare editions, but doable - maybe make it available to the distributors, but limit them to the size of the order?

I would much prefer this approach. I imagine it would create some short-term stock issues at some LGS, but if you give them notice, they can order in extra stuff ahead of time, etc..

Edited by decker_cky
  • Like 1

Wyrd could just use the exact same receipt requirements they already do for LGS promotions. Spend $150 MSRP at your LGS over the specified dates and get some promo figures. It's a bit tougher for the nightmare editions, but doable - maybe make it available to the distributors, but limit them to the size of the order?

I would much prefer this approach. I imagine it would create some short-term stock issues at some LGS, but if you give them notice, they can order in extra stuff ahead of time, etc..

I think you're incorrectly dismissing the number of colored plastic, Nightmare, and Miss models that are going to end up making significant chunks of the $150 and $300 orders for the limited edition figures next weekend.

• Like 2

I think you're incorrectly dismissing the number of colored plastic, Nightmare, and Miss models that are going to end up making significant chunks of the $150 and $300 orders for the limited edition figures next weekend.

Yep. That's my almost my whole $300 order. But, I am a collector. I don't assume everyone is. So, I can talk on either side of the coin really. I feel bad for the international people. But, there are many reasons I am not in international business :). You can't make everyone happy in a small market. Go international and your chances of pissing someone off goes up exponentially. Good luck Wyrd. Thanks for what you do for us.

• Like 1