November 16th - Black Friday

Lucidicide

Get creative with some magnets if you get the chance. :)

We might have a few more things up there before it's all said and done, but no promises. McTavish, Insidious Madness and a couple others 'may' do the hail mary and make it here but won't know for a little yet. 

Nightmare Colette, lemme see what we can do about that ... no promises. Gotta go, or I should be more honest, have someone go, dig in the warehouse. 

• Like 6

I was hoping for a chance at Dufresne, but when I factor in shipping and customs I'm pretty sure I can't justify spending $300. That was really the only one of the LE models I was hoping to get, and it looks like I won't have another chance at Miss Anne Thrope or Hannah either. On the bright side I'll be saving money and just getting some planned purchases from a local shop instead.

• Like 1

I like the Translucent options, as those are both crews that I wanted a translucent option for and have yet to purchase.  I also am really happy that the Coryphee was added to the thematic Dark Carnival set.

The alternate sculpts are all nice looking, but the $300 price level is a bit too rich for my blood.  I think it sucks that Barbaros is stuck at the $300 level.  I know a number of people who have the metal sets and really want Barbaros, but that is a bit much to spend for it I think.  He seems like something that should fit in better at the first tier.

I am mostly interested in Dr. Dufrense, but I think the $300 level is a bit too rich for me with the holidays here.  I regularly hit that during the summer sales, but I have to be more selective at this time of year since 3 of my kids have birthdays in late-Nov/December and then there is christmas.

Maybe I can find someone locally who wants Barbaros and we can combine our orders...

• Like 1

So what is the deal with a PVC model?  I like the render for the model, and I will probably pick him up, but PVC is hands down the worst material to work with from a modeling standpoint.  It is acceptable for board games, but terrible for miniature games.  I was happy that Privateer Press finally realized that PVC was a big quality albatross hanging around their neck and started exploring using better plastics and I always held Wyrd's choice of plastic and high quality as a huge plus for Malifaux.

I just don't want to see this game go down the route of swapping the range into PVC.  I have build hundreds of PVC models from various companies and I have nothing positive to say about working with that material.

• Like 6

That's a good point, Cannibalbob. Think I'll actually wait to hear the verdict rather than jumping in. I've heard CMoN has been getting very good PVC results, but I've never been wowed by them and there've been companies like PP, where I basically stopped collecting when they changed materials.

Fingers crossed that the PVC isn't going to become common, unless it's very nice.

I'm still confused about the part where it says "comes fully assembled" concerning Aionus. 

And, announcing a brand new model: Aionus, lord of time. Aionus is an Outcast Mercenary created to celebrate ten years of Wyrd. He is made out of PVC and comes fully assembled, ready to hit the gaming table. Clocking in at 12 Soulstones, this figure will be a great addition to any collection. You can pick him up for only $15.

If it was just that central pillar and they old dude crouched on top (like it shows in the render), I could see that as a simple pre-assembly or 'We're going to be going through a lot of molds' single cast.  But central pillar, old dude, and that spirally base decoration...  Isn't that going to take shipping the guy encased in foam or something?

The PVC thing scares me as well considering how difficult mold lines are to get off of PVC models...particularly if they run though things like beard hair. I presume that Wyrd has some of these actually floating around. It's be nice to see what the raw model looks like. If I buy one and get $15.00 of mold-line-PVC-mess it's going to ruin my day.

Edited by KrazyIvan
I suck at typing
  • Like 1

Why is Frank at the $150 tier instead of Barbaros? It would have been a good way to get him and firestarter out to people who have the metal Lilith and Kaeris, $300 is out of a lot of peoples reach. Personally though  if Barbie was avaliable for just buying i'd snap up like 5. 

• Like 5

I would prefered alternative models just on sale to pick them or not without forcing me to reach 150$ or 300$...thats very disapointing.

Also surprised me that alternative Colette is not avaible anymore when DC Corhypee is. I will cross fingers for have it avaible as "last time news" :)

• Like 3