Two masters to start with

Geoffro

Hi wyrdo's,

I'm thinking of starting Mali again (have lady J) and am looking for suggestions on a good way to start. I want to buy two masters boxes and maybe one or two minion boxes, so I want them to be somewhat complementary and not need a lot of other individual purchases (at least to begin). E.g. lilith, zoraida and waldgeists 

So can you sell me on your favourite master pairings?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Do they have to be the same faction? 

If you're newish and want an overlapping variety Leveticus and Ramos may be a good way to start. 

You have synergy for when you feel like it, and killing for when you feel like it. 

Top it off with a Lazarus and a mechanical rider and you're golden. (magnetise the spiders and you can save buying an extra box) 

I tend to use a core crew in each and there are several shared models, most of which come directly from their boxes. The Molly portion can get model intense, especially if you play both synergies instead of just focusing on one. I personally feel spirits are the stronger option, but I personally love the fluff of Horrors, so I play both equally with her.

If you went the Molly/Seamus route, you'd want both their boxes, Yin, and at least a Nurse to start. Molly's summoning options are where it gets a little model extensive though, as is the case with most dresser masters. If you are looking for a lower model count Neverborn will be fine. Pandora is my third most played master and I think her and Lynch would see you well off. In either case you'll want a doppleganger to start with as well.