Unlocking mei feng

jackfrost

If he's on 2 wds I'd much rather have him contest a recon, drop a scheme for Protect territory or do something useful. It catches opponents out that he is a minion and can be a scoring piece.

D.

This has saved me from a game before too.  Between the Emberling and Luna, they are the most useful totems for the faction.

it's not that I'm disputing any of that- just that you end up trading 1 model that can be 1-shot killed (Emberling) for 2 models that cannot be 1-shot killed (2 Komainu), and have the same mobility. 

yes I agree but typically I'd find better use of my high cards (9s and :tome/:crow or Soulstons) for potentially other things. Having the emberling drop scrap turn 1 and then go off an do things (hold quarters in the backfield, drop a scheme marker up the board etc) is better for me and keeping high cards for use in melee by my big hitters. Also means Tosh is further up the field from moving rather than summoning means more use of his abilities for minions in melee.

Just my thoughts and YMMV (your mileage may vary)

D.

Gotcha. I guess the difference is that I don't typically attack things with my Mei lists. 

:huh:

Lol I'm the 'in your face turn 1' with Mei if I get a chance and it looks good. An opponent either has to then deal with Mei turn 2 or forget about her and continue with their plans.

Will definitely be getting games with robo-pig and the Emissary in the next few weeks. Both are currently converted and just waiting a paint job.

D.

Between the Emberling and Luna, they are the most useful totems for the faction.

Someone's not played enough Lynch and Huggy...!

lol, very true.  Admittedly, I've only played Lynch once, and yes, Huggy is very much indeed important to Jakob.  I don't think of their relation to each other much though, since every other Master has it's own unique and separate Henchman and Totem.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,
I recently finished my Rail crew and want to extend it.
I have been advised that the Rail Golem and Willie the demolitionist would be a good addition.

I have two questions:

First: are these good additions?

Second: can these be added and still include Kang?
The Rail Golem and Willie are from another faction and I have been told that if you hire from a different faction Mei Feng has to "present" herself as that Faction.
This would mean that Kang who is pure Ten Thunderers, could not be included.
is this correct?

If a crew master is from two faction can members of both factions be mixed?

1-Rail Crew.jpg

When you start the game, you announce what Faction you are playing as. (This is before you have to select Master or crews). You then find out what the Strategy and schemes are. 

Then you build your crew. 

So I imagine that you would normally select 10 Thunders as your faction. When you build your crew, you select Mei as the Leader, and then you can Hire any 10 Thunders model, and any 2 mercenaries, and any model which you have a special rule to hire. Typically this is Infiltrate for 10 Thunders, which allows the Master to hire upto 4 models of certain characteristics that are not of the declared faction. 

The same rule would allow you to Hire Kang in an Arcanist Mei Feng crew. 

If you wanted to use a non foundry Arcanist model (Joss for example). Then you could only do so if you were building an Arcanist Crew. You would still be allowed to hire Kang under Meis Infiltrate Rule, but you couldn't hire a Katanaka Sniper.

Whilst you can field the rail crew box set in either faction, you would still need to declare faction before hand, as this would open up different Upgrades. So If you are Playing Ten Thunders, mei Feng could take Misirection as an Upgrade, where as if you were playing Arcanist, she could Take Arcane Reservoir.  She would not be allowed to have both.  

Hop[e that helps. I like the Rail Golem as a beater, but it can be inconsistent as it relies on making several Locomotive actions. If you get 3 going then its a good turn. And as long as you get 1 good turn he is probably worth the points. 

Willie has some great tricks. I've not used him much, but he is worth having

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys... so I didn't have much to contribute so I was just lurking and reading. I finally got some games in so I have more to say :) 

1) one thing I"m curious of though is about triggers ending chained actions? 

each action can only get one trigger right? so if you take a trigger like putting burning on someone with tiger claws then you won't get to chain into another tiger claws from the seismic claws upgrade? is that what people mean by saying certain triggers end chained actions on mei feng?

2) also, victoria of blood seems to be able to almost reliably do 15 damage to mei feng... is that right? is she just a nuke I can't avoid?

3) lastly in regards to misdirection. if I misdirect into a friendly model I can chose to not discard cards and just shift the attack onto my model right? 

thanks again everyone, I'm having a really rough time and not really getting any work done with mei feng. in one game I was too careful with her and the enemy crew just shot my army off the table (Leveticus) and in the other one I was way more aggressive and a ronin chopped her head off with a red joker on a charge (the viktorias).

1. Yes only 1 trigger per attack. If set up correctly I will already have burning on the models I attack via Vapormancy. Remember it's a Ml attack so can be used as part of the charge. Blast damage will put burning on all models touched. This sets up well for Seismic Claw multiple attacks.

2. Vik of Blood is a whirlwind of attacks. Keep your models well spaced. She is only 7 wounds and a well placed sniper will force taking damage or burning stones.

3. Yes you can misdirect into any eligilble target.

D.