German translation

amanwing

1 hour ago, Adran said:

To be fair, the text is already in my language and there are several things I need to look in the FAQ for... Sometimes more than once

This. I cannot really see how a translation would better the issue of unclear rules. It'S not like the rules are going to be changed by the translators, are they?

• 1 month later...

Looking forward to the German translation. Myself I can understand the English wording and like to read the "original" text, but I know that we could better grow the community by translating the rules (not necessarily the stat cards). I already translated all the rules and wrote a German summary for our community and this helped to push the game very much! When translating I kept most of the English expression (Attack, Defense, Scheme, Action, etc.) that players get used to these expressions.

I think nowadays it would not be necessary for Wyrd to go through a local distributor - we only would need a German version of the rules and great Henchman to push the game ;-)

And.... yes translate please the Chronicles (and also the Podcasts I would place on the wishlist :-))

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

When I got into Malifaux this spring I made a lot of advertisment in our game group. But the most commen excuse not to beginn were the englich rules.

I think Malifaux would get a big boost in sales in Germany if the rules were available in german (and the miniatures easier to get, At my FLGS you have to wait aproximately 3 weeks).

• Like 1

Yes, it's the same in my group. The english language on the cards is very different from our school language. And that is a problem for some players. We all in our group are a bit older and have a familiy with kids. So playing a game must be fast and without translating difficult words. Time is much more than money

On 29.4.2016 at 4:35 PM, Nathan Caroland said:

It's translated, just not printed and put out as of yet. Announcements will come soon as they are available.

End of the year is imminent , did anything happen in the meantime?

Are there unpredicted problems?

Personally, I don`t need a translated ruleset, but I`m pretty sure it would get us more new players, so I thought I`ll ask :)

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...