November 9 - Guild Sergeant

Lucidicide

Maybe its a result of the edition change: The old Guild Captain and the old Drill Sergant where both put together to the new metal Guild Sergeant as shown on the Arsenal Pack Stat Cards and a new sculpture was made for Dashel. Even the new Dahel has an axe in hand, while the Baton wich is his melee weapon is only hangs on his belt. So the mix up of weapons on the Guild officers just goes on.

I have the complete fat gang, plastic Dashel and both thick metal officers and i`m okay with that.

Edited by Hunt.er

Pretty not so good in most regards. His pose does give off a bit of a commanding presence but he is "leaning" (or not so leaning) unnaturally on the sword too. Can't stop looking at the dumb curl at te tip of his beard. That's one big hand cannon he's got going on, though.

Take that back Math - this looks far worse than a WWX sculpt. And besides - Skinny Santa here has no rivets on his outfit nor metal plates unrealistically attached to his clothing. Get real. >8)

• Like 1

If my fluff research is right, the year of Malifaux current is about 1897, and the American Civil War happened in 1861-1865.  Since the aesthetic of Malifaux is real-Earth inspired, it turns out the Civil War is a fitting military uniform aesthetic (at least for American-based themes).

If my fluff research is right, the year of Malifaux current is about 1897, and the American Civil War happened in 1861-1865.  Since the aesthetic of Malifaux is real-Earth inspired, it turns out the Civil War is a fitting military uniform aesthetic (at least for American-based themes).

a. It should be around the year 1900 by now.

b. I doubt that the American Civil War happened at all, with the Powder Wars going on, magic on the rise, and the relation between America, Britain and the Guild pretty much unclear.

c. Around the year 1900, military styles and uniforms changed dramatically. It might be that someone living in his basement might have clung to his old uniform, true.

d. Why would the Guild wear 35 year old American uniforms? They aren't an American institution, and have been at war for considerable time, first in Europe, then in Asia.

e. A 35 year old parade cavalry uniform seems not appropriate for a Sergeant on his beat.

• Like 7

If you read the guild sergeant fluff, it says that a great deal of the sergeants consists of old veterans and fortune seekers from earth-side. I believe this sculpt pretty much fits that description, with him being on old veteran trying his luck breach-side. And as previous stated, the guild is rather universal; I see him as rather middle-eastern. 

I don´t like it.

The uniform is ok, the beard and static phose makes me be away from him.

If i have to play a game which 8-10 miniatures,  i want all them looks amazing on table, since peons until masters.
Even if the "other" miniature looks great beacuse there will come 2 same in a box, i find senseless make one of them "ugly" and the other cool, what means that? that i am paying to 1/2 box?

The Victorian Era was 1837 to 1901 and the american civil war took place in this period like someone said on here malifaux takes place 1906 so thats only 5 years after so some military uniforms would not have changed that much the uniform is very similar to the confederate officers unifrom of that period, but saying that i maybe wrong lol

• Like 1